What changes would you like to see at UConn games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What changes would you like to see at UConn games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
First off, mother of God^

and second of all: When we go on a nice run and the crowd is pumped, the last thing that motivates everyone is the Subway Shuffle.

Reaction Score
IIRC Uconn received funding to upgrade the lighting at Gampel this year. They were supposed to install the new system after the season.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Import the Laker ball girls would be enough for me.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
IIRC Uconn received funding to upgrade the lighting at Gampel this year. They were supposed to install the new system after the season.

I believe you are correct, just can't find out where I read that.

Reaction Score
Putting the students courtside for the first 10-15 rows behind the benches is a must. This is a money thing and season ticketholders would scream but it has to be done. TV has no intros anymore but the Cavaliers approach would juice the fans in the arena for sure.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
More rebounds. Less NIT.

Peel the AAC stickers off the floor.

I think I would like to see them get the first basket and then gradually build up an insurmountable lead.

Reaction Score
I'd just settle for people actually wearing UConn gear/colors at all games, no matter the caliber of team we're playing. We look so small-time compared to the other big programs with all the people that show up wearing green/red/random colored stuff.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'd just settle for people actually wearing UConn gear/colors at all games, no matter the caliber of team we're playing. We look so small-time compared to the other big programs with all the people that show up wearing green/red/random colored stuff.

So how do you plan to enforce this, have ushers turn people away for wearing the wrong colors?

Reaction Score
So how do you plan to enforce this, have ushers turn people away for wearing the wrong colors?

Is it so much to ask that the school and venues make a more concerted effort to really get on people's asses about this? I get that our fanbase more or less only gets up for bigger games, but this is something pretty simple and is an area we're slacking in compared to any other top program. Obviously this is more of a HCC problem, but since that's not changing any time soon, I'd rather see some uniformity among the crowd. I guess if they're business comp'd season tickets and the people showing up in those seats are wearing some non-uconn stuff then we can just comp them shirts and ask politely that they wear them. They'd have to be a total dick to say no.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Is it so much to ask that the school and venues make a more concerted effort to really get on people's asses about this? I get that our fanbase more or less only gets up for bigger games, but this is something pretty simple and is an area we're slacking in compared to any other top program. Obviously this is more of a HCC problem, but since that's not changing any time soon, I'd rather see some uniformity among the crowd. I guess if they're business comp'd season tickets and the people showing up in those seats are wearing some non-uconn stuff then we can just comp them shirts and ask politely that they wear them. They'd have to be a total dick to say no.

The colors are blue and white....So this shouldn't be too high of a bar. I mean, it isn't like they would have to wear those red and white striped circus pants, like Wisconsin fans.....

Reaction Score
The colors are blue and white....So this shouldn't be too high of a bar. I mean, it isn't like they would have to wear those red and white striped circus pants, like Wisconsin fans.....

And yet most of the time at HCC you see people wearing black/red/green/yellow or whatever colors other than white/blue, and those people are in the prime TV camera seats. Obviously in the grand scheme of things, this isn't all that important, however it's something that SHOULD be easy to do and can only help in terms of TV/Arena presentation to recruits/people watching and home court advantage for games.

Reaction Score
Fix the shredded ceiling.

No more "SUCKS" from the student section when introducing visiting team. (I know - unenforceable). Makes us look lame especially after hearing it for a decade.

Bored with the kids changing into a uniform and racing for layups. Yeah I know if it was my kid I would be for it. How about something different like having two cheerleaders change into a bikini? I would even skip the layup drill.

Put a whoopee cushion underneath the floor boards in the famous killer corner.

Blow up the Civic Center scoreboard and start over. Let a 5 year old design it this time.

Ok I am going for the big one. No more standing till the first basket. There were times last year when I saw some elderly folks dropping like flies after the first 5 minutes went by.

Reaction Score
Fix the shredded ceiling.

No more "SUCKS" from the student section when introducing visiting team. (I know - unenforceable). Makes us look lame especially after hearing it for a decade.

Bored with the kids changing into a uniform and racing for layups. Yeah I know if it was my kid I would be for it. How about something different like having two cheerleaders change into a bikini? I would even skip the layup drill.

Put a whoopee cushion underneath the floor boards in the famous killer corner.

Blow up the Civic Center scoreboard and start over. Let a 5 year old design it this time.

Ok I am going for the big one. No more standing till the first basket. There were times last year when I saw some elderly folks dropping like flies after the first 5 minutes went by.

Having a team that can put the ball in the hoop will solve that

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I dont want to sound like a downer, but what does everyone think of the PA announcer? I know his name is John Tuite and he has a radio show on WILI.

Can't stand him. Especially when he has to say something that isn't written down. Or trying to make the crowd yell for T-shirts. It's a cringe.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
more students, more music, improved production, improved concessions, improved seating, reestablish our cheer-leading program with scholarships and a whole lot fewer commercials

make the games fun

Reaction Score
my kids have no idea what the 'WAVE' is? When did waves die and who killed them?
Back in the day, when you could get a couple rounds of the wave, or pull of the two direction wave, it was a thing of beauty.
Now, people look at you like your on crack if try to start the wave.

I say bring back the WAVE.

Reaction Score
the bigger dick is the guy telling other people what to wear as if it has some magical meaning to the success of the Uconn BB program.

Reaction Score
my kids have no idea what the 'WAVE' is? When did waves die and who killed them?
Back in the day, when you could get a couple rounds of the wave, or pull of the two direction wave, it was a thing of beauty.
Now, people look at you like your on crack if try to start the wave.

I say bring back the WAVE.
Let's not bring back the wave!

Reaction Score
What changes would you like the UConn's AD, PR, whoever, to implement to make the experience more enjoyable?

Fix the tiles on the ceiling? Allow students to bring in newspapers and signs? Change up the music? Dim the lights for the intros? Give out shirts so there is more of a uniformity in the stands? Have pregame festivities outside an hour or two before the game? Allow students/other fans to fill in the lower level seats after halftime of fans that dont show?

Not saying they're doing a bad job, but there has to be things they can improve upon instead of being content with that we have...What are your thoughts?
No more 9 pm starts on campus. Getting home to W. Haven, takes until 1 am.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
No more 9 pm starts on campus. Getting home to W. Haven, takes until 1 am.
That's not up to Uconn its up to ESPN or cbs, just the short end of the stick when playing in the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom