What can UConn superstar Paige Bueckers do for an encore? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What can UConn superstar Paige Bueckers do for an encore?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Defensively she needs to get better, but I think the defense won't be known until she is guarding the best player on the opposing team. Christyn has done that and done a really good job at it.
Last year she was very good at it it took considerable pride in her defense. Her defense is one of the keys for the season, even though we rarely talk about it.

Reaction Score
For starters, win a National Semi-Final game.
Much as we love Paige and think she can do anything, bringing home the trophy is going to require the best efforts of everybody on the floor, AND the coaching staff. "Buckets" can certainly lead the way.
Let's look for some simple improvements and goals that would pave the way;
Minimum 70% F/T shooting
Quicker offensive starts in games VS someone with a winning record.
Reduce fouls for "moving screens"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Much as we love Paige and think she can do anything, bringing home the trophy is going to require the best efforts of everybody on the floor, AND the coaching staff. "Buckets" can certainly lead the way.
Let's look for some simple improvements and goals that would pave the way;
Minimum 70% F/T shooting
Quicker offensive starts in games VS someone with a winning record.
Reduce fouls for "moving screens"
You do realize that Paige shot 86% from the FT line last season. So “minimum 70% FT shooting” doesn’t seem like much of a goal. Now 90% would be a nice goal. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You do realize that Paige shot 86% from the FT line last season. So “minimum 70% FT shooting” doesn’t seem like much of a goal. Now 90% would be a nice goal. :)
I think that was team goals?

Reaction Score
I think Paige will improve as Geno says in subtle ways on screen setups and familarity of teamates for passing options off of the screens. Prior to surgery she was working on her step back jumper which will help her gain space for her shot. She did have separation issues against some defenders. She will alo have better team options on offense than she did last year so I imagine her assists will rise. She is always working and improving. Her best bud is here and they are VERY competitive, so this will offer better play I hope.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And Azzi should be able to balance out Dorka :oops:
I’m expecting Dorka to substantially improve her FT shooting. If she doesn’t, it could be a potential liability in the 4th qtr a close game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom