What can I say... | The Boneyard

What can I say...

• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Usually I go nuts but I can't complain about most of the offense. It looks pretty good today and McEntee looks legit. The defense who is usually the bread and butter didn't look very good. When a QB throws for 479 yards well there isn't much you can do. I will say wilburn got eaten alive .... but then again so did the rest of the CB's.

This game leaves me with an awkward feeling... the defense usually executes and they didnt. Our special teams refuse to ever run the ball and our Offense was the best part of our team today? What are we really suppose to expect for the rest of the year? Its a toss up.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
When a QB throws for 479 yards well there isn't much you can do.

tumblr_l9vflhLwaP1qd9x6to1_250.gif

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
WTF does Earnie mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
WTF does Earnie mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically: how can you say they were any good when they gave up nearly half a THOUSAND PASSING YARDS

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Basically: how can you say they were any good when they gave up nearly half a THOUSAND PASSING YARDS
Half a thousand? They gave up nearly a tenth of FIVE THOUSAND PASSING YARDS! :eek:

F

fortebleedsblue

McEntee looked really good.... he had a bad pass that should have been picked but lets be real he made some great throws.

Reaction Score
Could we have played a bit tighter when they threw 48 slants in a row?

Defense didn't seem prepared for the hurry up.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our defense hasn't been able to match up with a hurry up ofense all year.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I can not say that McEntee looked legit at all the way he handled pressure tonight. Staring down receivers forever then chucking the ball at them. Am I dissappointed with this outcome? Absolutely. Am I shocked McEntee got to 300 yards? You bet. Some will blame this on the D. I don't like to pinpoint specific people. It was just not a well played game overall in my opinion.
On to WVU

Reaction Score
McEntee looked better.....but no where near really good. That has to be a joke. I applaud him for showing progress, and I applaud him for keeping his cool in several tight situations. I thought he looked part for most of the 4th quarter.

However, he had a few INTs dropped today and missed a few wide open receivers...and missed a few who were better options on several plays.

Again, he was certainly better, but let's not go over-board by calling his performance really good. Sad thing is we have gone so long without a really good QB, "ok" passes for great.

Reaction Score
Could we have played a bit tighter when they threw 48 slants in a row?

Defense didn't seem prepared for the hurry up.
I was going bananas after the 3rd slant in a row, and then they ran 3 more. I couldn't stand it. I thought they were going to be more aggressive.

Reaction Score
McEntee looked better.....but no where near really good. That has to be a joke. I applaud him for showing progress, and I applaud him for keeping his cool in several tight situations. I thought he looked part for most of the 4th quarter.

However, he had a few INTs dropped today and missed a few wide open receivers...and missed a few who were better options on several plays.

Again, he was certainly better, but let's not go over-board by calling his performance really good. Sad thing is we have gone so long without a really good QB, "ok" passes for great.

What the hell more do you want from the kid?....that TD pass to Nick Williams he had 4 guys let loose to destroy his life, he avoided the rush nicely and gave up an easy pass to mccombs and went to NW for the TD

Johnny Mac played GREAT on Saturday, sure a couple throws were off and maybe should have been picked, but last time I checked there isn't a stat column for balls that should have been intercepted

Jesus give the kid some credit, you guys are absolutely the worst fans I have ever seen, if he throws for 6 TDs and 700 yards, you'll find something to criticize

Reaction Score
What the hell more do you want from the kid?....that TD pass to Nick Williams he had 4 guys let loose to destroy his life, he avoided the rush nicely and gave up an easy pass to mccombs and went to NW for the TD

Johnny Mac played GREAT on Saturday, sure a couple throws were off and maybe should have been picked, but last time I checked there isn't a stat column for balls that should have been intercepted

Jesus give the kid some credit, you guys are absolutely the worst fans I have ever seen, if he throws for 6 TDs and 700 yards, you'll find something to criticize

I didn't give him credit? What do you want me to do....say he is the next Dan Marino??

I simply said people saying he was "great" were over-stating it. He showed improvement, and in my opinion put the team in a position to win. He was not great, but he was better. He can only go up and in that game he shows signs of doing so. I tip my cap to him. Just because I don't over-inflate every performance doesn't not mean I am not a true or good fan. If you saw it differently....great, I simply disagree on the claim he was "really good".
He is a walk-on in his fourth start...he shouldn't be great right now. Please show me a post of mine where I ripped him unfairly, or at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom