What bothers me most about Sunday's game...... | The Boneyard

What bothers me most about Sunday's game......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
...is that over the years the girls are not as sharp coming off a big span of not playing....HOWEVER....the way they have been playing this year in big games, I do take comfort in the fact that they have played with great poise and confidence for such a young team. Maybe they can "break" the malaise and crush Baylor at Baylor.......(I'm still going to DVR the game and watch it after it starts.....;))

Reaction Score
Baylor had exams all week, as well.......UCONN arrived in Texas on Friday.......The Circus just hit Waco.......

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Bring in the clowns...just don't try to borrow Mulkey's Modern Clown outfit.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Baylor had exams all week, as well.......UCONN arrived in Texas on Friday.......The Circus just hit Waco.......

The team was still in Storrs yesterday and travels to Waco today. According to Dolson, some of the players had an exam this morning.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The team was still in Storrs yesterday and travels to Waco today. According to Dolson, some of the players had an exam this morning.

Good thing. We don't want them to be mesmerized by the Waco nightlife.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
...is that over the years the girls are not as sharp coming off a big span of not playing....HOWEVER....the way they have been playing this year in big games, I do take comfort in the fact that they have played with great poise and confidence for such a young team. Maybe they can "break" the malaise and crush Baylor at Baylor.......(I'm still going to DVR the game and watch it after it starts.....;))

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. I get WAY too nervous and I like blowing past the commercials.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I think it will be a great game. My only concern is that the kids come out way too amped and play too fast for the first five minutes or so. We've seen this drill before.... Trying to win the game before the first tv timeout.

Reaction Score
Ok I understand being nervous:eek: Do you wait until the game is over and you know the results before watching it? If you wait until the game is over and you do not know the results? Aren't you nervous during the 2 hours that the game is on. If you wait until the game is over and find out the results, if we have lost what do you do? Granted we have had 4 losses in 4+ years. Are you going to start watching it at some point after the game has started,but still on? I have got to know the answers:) I have to ask doggy the same thing! I do understand taping a game if you are not able to watch it live! But I tell everyone do not tell me the results!!!!!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. I get WAY too nervous and I like blowing past the commercials.

doggy do you know the results before watching it? If not aren't you nervous and thinking about it while it is going on?Very interesting;) Props Tyler Phommachanh both of you for honesty

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
Damn....after all the fine dining BG experienced at Chez Luigi, she won't have time to take Geno to the Waffle House in Waco. :D

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

The one time my nerves really got to me was during the 2010 NC game.

As the first half of basketball (using the term loosely) progressed, I found myself wondering if I had mistakenly tuned into an episode of Surreal World. I couldn't believe what was happening, or not happening. I turned the sound off and sat over on my stairs, glancing at the TV every few moments to see what was going on. I left the sound off as the 2nd half started, but once Maya made a bank shot from the right side, I at least came back to the sofa. After she made a couple more shots, I turned the sound back on. IIRC, Caroline then got into the act with a shot or two, Tina blocked Jayne, and Maya started taking over the game. Then towards the very end, we seemed to be doing our best to let them back into it. I remember feeling more relief than elation as the buzzer sounded - I honestly think the team felt a little bit that way, too, and they looked it, except for Maya. She looked 100% victorious, like a lion who had just been crowned king of the jungle.

Reaction Score
I think it will be a great game. My only concern is that the kids come out way too amped and play too fast for the first five minutes or so. We've seen this drill before.... Trying to win the game before the first tv timeout.
That is always a concern,or the home team with the crowd really hyped gets off to a lead!!!!! God there are so many scenerios. The only good ones are those that favor us!;) LOL We start off hot and the crowd gets taken out of the game:p The important players in this case #1 and #1a Griner and Sims getting 2 early fouls:D Actually with their short bench multiple fouls to starters is ;)great also How about a technical and a 2 fouls on Griner and or Sims sudddenly they have 3;)
How about if we play the perfect game for 40 mins<<<<<< and the game is only 40 min!
Thinking of the Baylor/Tenn game! I think Baylor was up 31-22 and Tenn closed on a run to tie it up at the half. The energy they had exhibited for most of the ist 20 min continued as the 2nd half began. Tenn was now up by 8! Baylor,Griner etal kept their cool and took over and the energy level of Tenn and the fans deflated. Tenn could not sustain the energy level. We need to do that for 40 mins. We need to have the mentality to not only maintaining that energy,but w/o losing control having the attitude that you have a team down you do not let up. During the game you have a team in that position you want to play your game and crush their spirits! The time for shaking hands and letting up is after the final buzzer!
Do not play too fast. I have seen our team and players play with sustained energy, intense defense,and beautiful team offense!

Reaction Score
I just hope it's a good game. Some of our recent matches with Stanford have been clunkers, despite the close scores.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ok I understand being nervous:eek: Do you wait until the game is over and you know the results before watching it? If you wait until the game is over and you do not know the results? Aren't you nervous during the 2 hours that the game is on. If you wait until the game is over and find out the results, if we have lost what do you do? Granted we have had 4 losses in 4+ years. Are you going to start watching it at some point after the game has started,but still on? I have got to know the answers:) I have to ask doggy the same thing! I do understand taping a game if you are not able to watch it live! But I tell everyone do not tell me the results!!!!!!!

doggy do you know the results before watching it? If not aren't you nervous and thinking about it while it is going on?Very interesting;) Props Tyler Phommachanh both of you for honesty
I peek.

And I make myself crazy.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I peek.

And I make myself crazy.
Me, too. I wouldn't want to be hooked up to a heart monitor. The doctor would be screaming at me for a week after having me rushed to the cardiac unit.

Reaction Score
My ideal scenario is to start recording the game without watching and then begin watching the recording when I thing I can skip all of the commercials and catch up to live action when there is only a minute or two left in the game. I always take note of who the advertisers are and appreciate them because there would be no TV games without them. But I don't see the need to actually watch the ads.

Reaction Score
It will be a nail biter for certain, my sweetie and me will be watching it in real time, yes we will both be nervous as can be at least fort the first ten or so minutes, after that things will settle down and the huskies will in the end win this one.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
I peek.

And I make myself crazy.
Sometimes I peek.....if it is not going good I'll will skip to the end to see the score......I mainly DVR the game to get past the commercials.....

Reaction Score
It will be a nail biter for certain, my sweetie and me will be watching it in real time, yes we will both be nervous as can be at least fort the first ten or so minutes, after that things will settle down and the huskies will in the end win this one.
I hope so. I believe it could be a nail biter till the end. If we were to cruise to victory I will be blown away as to how good we are at this stage of the season,and what that may bode for our development as the season goes on. I am already amazed at our level of play.

Reaction Score
Me, too. I wouldn't want to be hooked up to a heart monitor. The doctor would be screaming at me for a week after having me rushed to the cardiac unit.
doggy,Ice and other wonderful fans your honesty is commended:) Now I happen to be a Clinical Psychotherapist in Private Practice for many years and we need to form a group;)

Reaction Score

Heck, I still haven't watched the second half of last year's Notre Dame loss. I turned the televison on, saw Coach Auriemma in a press conference, was convinced UConn had won it, then saw the captions running across the bottom indicating otherwise. Two years ago in San Antonio, I left the arena at halftime, drove to the Austin airport to catch my morning flight, and did not find out that UConn had pulled it out until after 11pm. Austin is a great city BTW.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
doggy,Ice and other wonderful fans your honesty is commended:) Now I happen to be a Clinical Psychotherapist in Private Practice for many years and we need to form a group;)
I forgot that you were another of our psych types on this board. We are overrun with stat geeks and head geeks. LOL

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I forgot that you were another of our psych types on this board. We are overrun with stat geeks and head geeks. LOL

Ice, you rang?

I watch the entire game, live, whenever I am not chasing down a one, two, three, or four year old.

I mute for luck sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul