What BE schools do you most want to continue playing? | The Boneyard

What BE schools do you most want to continue playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The news of WVU possibly joining the SEC has me thinking about what BE schools I most want to remain intact with when UConn finds its final conference home, whether that be an expanded BE or an expanded ACC/B1G.

If the BEast blows up, I wouldn't really care about never playing Ville, Cincinnati or USF again. To me the two teams I most want to continue playing in both football and basketball are Pitt and Cuse. Sure Rutgers is geographically closest but they just aren't good enough for me to truly care about them. Cuse hasn't been doing so hot in football but the basketball rivalry there is too much to let go of. Finally, every year Pitt is the team I look forward to playing the most in both Football and Basketball.

WVU would probably be third on my list after Pitt and Cuse mainly because they are the cream of the football conference and have had some good basketball teams through the years as well. I don't really see any way that we are in a conference with WVU if the BEast blows up though because they would probably be a better fit for the SEC than the ACC.

So it would appear that the only way to maintain rivalries with Pitt and Cuse is to go to the B1G if the offer should come. I think our most likely home is the ACC which wouldn't be all bad considering the basketball side of things would be ridiculous with UNC and Duke coupled with maybe Cuse if they were to come with us. We would also get the chance to pummel BCU in football which would bring great happiness to me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Syracuse and Pitt are by far the leasers in my eyes. i would love to maintain a relationship with both WVU and Louisville.

I imagine that if we were to move (in a package deal with Cuse) to the ACC, that conference would immediately promote the idea that the conference holds the two premier current rivalries (in terms of quality of play) in UNC-Duke and UConn-Cuse. That conference would also claim nine of the thirteen most recent national championships.

Reaction Score
If WVU were gone, for me it would be the likes of Cuse, Pitt, and Rutgers. No disrespect to the BE add-ons but I honestly don't have a ton of passion for Louisville, Cinci, or USF games. We have had some very competitive games with Louisville and USF but I'm not crushed if we lose or elated if we win those games (unless there are bigger implications like the BE title / BCS spot). On the flip side, nothing is sweeter than beating the other old school BE schools, especially Rutgers.

Same is true on the hoops side, but it would also extend to G'Town, Nova, and even PC, since they've had our number a few times in recent years.

But football drives the bus, so we'll see what happens with our basketball-only brethren when the B12 / SEC / PAC12 moves shake out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
in order:
cuse
pitt
rutgers
wvu
lville
usf
cincy
tcu

Reaction Score
I think we're good....Mizzou's going to the SEC....we should be focusing in on who we want in the BIG EAST!!!

Mizzou's fans sure are pushing hard at least! Check out the site that was thrown up overnight.... http://mizzou2sec.com/

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
PC. love playing them and love their fan base. oh wait - they don't have a football program do they??

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
In order:
Fightin' Armpits
Fruits
Musket-totin' beards
Primanti bros.
Muhammed Alis
Skippys
Chili on Spaghetti

Reaction Score
For the combo of BB and FB, I'd go with Cuse, WVU, Pitt, Ville, RU, Cinci, USF.
For FB only, I'd go with WVU, RU, Cuse, Pitt, USF, Ville, Cinci.

Reaction Score
I love facing Cincy, Cuse, Louisville, WVU, Rutgirls, and Pitt

other than that I don't care about USF, should be replaced with Central FL or East Carolina.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Pitt
Syracuse
USF (Have enoyed our games with them)
Rutgers

All very good games that we should keep playing.

West Virginia and Louisville: Should play occasionally OOC, but I am not desperate to see them on our schedule.

Cincinnati: Will not miss at all.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I like playing WVU and Pitt. I would like Virginia Tech back and would love Penn State but I doubt they would leave the Big Ten. Penn State-UCONN could develop into an unbelievable rivalry if it ever happened.

Reaction Score
Football only - I love playing WVU. Even if they had our number every year until last year there's just something I love about playing them each year. Morgantown was the only road game I went to my senior year and it was the 47 point beatdown they put on us. I didn't even care about how bad it was, I still had a blast down there even if there's nothing else to do besides eat and drink. That's fine by me.

'Cuse and Rutgers would be tied for second though.

Reaction Score
SU, RU, Pitt and WVU - basically the eastern school.

I actually would not mind if RU went to the ACC (to replace VT who might go to the SEC) and we could have an annual OOC Thanksgiving game with them. I hate feeling compelled to root for RU as a Big East member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom