What are your favorite sports teams these days? And.... | The Boneyard

What are your favorite sports teams these days? And....

Reaction Score
do you remember how it was to wait from season's end to the first EX game? Now that the season is on, it seems about the same to just wait for the next game. To help fill the void, perhaps some of you would like to tell us your favorite sports teams these days.

For me, am happy as a hog in very deep slop, as my favorites are the "Our Girls" at the top of the list,, followed by the Pats, the Penn State football team and the PSU wrestling team. A ton of victories all around.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Favs
Husky WBB
Red Sox
Pats
FBS - Alabama
College Softball - Alabama, Florida
Don't really follow any other sports

Now Part Two - what teams do you hate:
Yankees,Mets, Dodgers
Steelers,Jets
Anything Notre Dame, PSU, OSU
MD WBB

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My Teams:
Oklahoma Football
Yankees
UConn WBB
Patriots
Cowboys
Mercury

Like:
Lakers (again, finally, now that Kobe has retired, Jeanie Buss has fired her brother and Magic is in charge - asterisk* for LaVar Ball)
Dodgers
UConn MBB

Hate
:
Tennessee

Dislike:
Texas Football
Red Sox
Notre Dame (all)
Ohio State Football

Trending:
Life could be worse

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Favs
Husky WBB
Red Sox
Pat's
FBS - Alabama

Yankees,Mets, Dodgers
Steelers,Jets
MD WBB
Hate the Jets? How can you hate a team that's a bunch of chronic losers? I mean just when there's a crop of good young QB's at the top of the draft the Jets choose this year to be mediocre. Amazing. Perhaps you hate losers in general. The fact that they are my favorite football team has nothing to do with it. I love them in spite of being a dysfunctional franchise. And the Mets? I thought it was just a NY thing, but I don't see the Giants in there. We Met fans have never been the typical arrogant NY sports fan. Our tradition comes from being one of the worst losing teams in NL history. We still applaud someone running hard to first. Unlike Yankee fans we don't think the world ended because we didn't win the WS that year. Now, if you were to hate the my Knicks I could understand since many fans believe the world still revolves around them (I sure don't), yet their ownership is the worse dumpster fire in the history of the Association.

The Steelers? That's a working class team man. Lunchpail, hard nosed, do your job etc. How can you hate that?

Now for me, I hate the Pats. And Dallas. Any day they lose is a good day. Not because the Pats are rivals to the Jets mind you. A rivalry means the other team wins once in a while. No, I hate the Pats because Belichick was the Jet coach for one day and then quit without ever giving a reason. He just turned his back on the franchise. All those championships should have been the Jets, not the Pats. I'm not a Yankee fan so I don't hate the Red Sox, I'm ambivalent. As a man of a certain age and color my experience in walking around Boston when I was younger was far from a good one. It's hard to forget that experience, or forgive it.

Reaction Score
do you remember how it was to wait from season's end to the first EX game? Now that the season is on, it seems about the same to just wait for the next game. To help fill the void, perhaps some of you would like to tell us your favorite sports teams these days.

For me, am happy as a hog in very deep slop, as my favorites are the "Our Girls" at the top of the list,, followed by the Pats, the Penn State football team and the PSU wrestling team. A ton of victories all around.

I'm limited: Today: Nevada; God bless them, they did what others wouldn't do Quickly --remove uickly.
Uconn Women, VT Women (kenny Brookes), sometimes UC men, occasionally The Sooners WBB.
UALR Women BB--do you notice a trend??

Reaction Score
Favs
Husky WBB
Red Sox
Pat's
FBS - Alabama

Yankees,Mets, Dodgers
Steelers,Jets
MD WBB

Reaction Score
[
Favs
Husky WBB
Red Sox
Pat's
FBS - Alabama

Yankees,Mets, Dodgers
Steelers,Jets
MD WBB

CSTREAM: interesting...we agree on some and disagree on others. Am curious to know why you have such antipathy for Penn State?? Clear that you are pro Boston, but why anti PA???

Reaction Score
Favs
Becker College Basketball
Husky WBB
Mets
Niners
FBS - Michigan
NBA - Chicago Bulls
MCBB - Georgetown

Yankees
Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks
anywhere LeBron James plays

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Like -
Rutgers and Arizona Women's Basketball
Arizona and Rutgers teams - across all sports, follow volleyball, Football and Softball
NY Yankees, NY Giants, Arizona Cardinals - also root for Mets, Diamondbacks, NY Jets, and NY Rangers, but don't follow them
Phoenix Mercury and NY Liberty

Dislike - in general -
Penn State - its a Rutgers thing
ASU - except Women's Basketball - its an Arizona thing
Almost all the B1G, and SEC football teams and the PAC12 except Stanford - the only other PAC school I don't really dislike in any sport
Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins, I've been able to tolerate the Eagles the last few years - this is a Giant thing

Centerstream

Reaction Score
[

CSTREAM: interesting...we agree on some and disagree on others. Am curious to know why you have such antipathy for Penn State?? Clear that you are pro Boston, but why anti PA???

It is because in my first job after my Navy enlistment, the company I worked for in MD seemed to hire Navy Vets and Penn State alumni. I did not care for a lot of the graduates and their arrogance, especially towards us former servicemen (it was a Viet Nam era thing). They also seemed to be Steeler fans and I already had a dislike for them (my favorite team was the Browns during and right after the Jim Brown era). One of my co-workers was a huge Steelers fan, so every Monday he would just go on and on about the Steelers (I was a Redskin fan at this time seeing that I was going to most of their home games) and that just made me not like them even more.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Favorite sport WCBB, college football, WNBA.
Favorite Teams Tennessee Lady Vols, LA Sparks.

Teams I don't like Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators.

Reaction Score
It is because in my first job after my Navy enlistment, the company I worked for in MD seemed to hire Navy Vets and Penn State alumni. I did not care for a lot of the graduates and their arrogance, especially towards us former servicemen (it was a Viet Nam era thing). They also seemed to be Steeler fans and I already had a dislike for them (my favorite team was the Browns during and right after the Jim Brown era). One of my co-workers was a huge Steelers fan, so every Monday he would just go on and on about the Steelers (I was a Redskin fan at this time seeing that I was going to most of their home games) and that just made me not like them even more.

CENTER: thanks for taking the time to line that out....makes it even more interesting. First off, many thanks for your service. Very sorry to hear that you felt arrogance from the PSU guys (am not one, but follow the Nits). I followed the Browns at that time, too - was out Purdue at the time and got to see all their games on TV. ALso followed the Steelers back then as a PA man. They and the Browns were two great teams - still have a couple of posters or Browns players (Carpenter was one) on which I colored in the Browns Orange and Brown.

Reaction Score
Favs:
All teams Uconn!
Yankees
Giants ( real tough to like this year, but still with them!)
Celtics
All USA National Teams
Yard Goats
Dislike:
All teams Syracuse
Red Sox
Patriots
Notre Dame BB & Football
Boston College BB & Football

Reaction Score
UConn WBB
Patriots
Kentucky Mens and WBB
Celtics
SNHU Mens D2 BB
Sometimes jump on Red Sox Band Wagon
North Carolina Mens BB

Reaction Score
Like:
UConn WBB
UConn any sport
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
USC Football

Dislike:
Red Sox
Tennessee WBB
used to hate the Dallas Cowboys: no longer watch the NFL

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn WBB :)
NY Yankees :)
Boston Celtics :)
NY Giants :(

Reaction Score
Hating Notre Dame, in all of its athletic manifestaions, is such a worthy pursuit it deserves its own thread, so I won’t even go there.
Baseball, as all thinking people know, and irrespective of all of MLB’s attempts to ruin it, is the most perfect game ever invented. Owing mainly to a genetic defect ( my father came from the Bronx) I, even though I grew up in New Orleans, am a lifelong Yankee fan and therefore hate all things Boston!
Even though I’m fairly indifferent to football, I do, of course, pull for my hometown Saints....hard.
But my passion is UConn WBB!

Reaction Score
I hate ben mcadoo.
I hate jerry Reece
I strongly dislike JOHN Mara

I dislike Brian cashman for firing giraridi and having no plan to fill the Yankee manager.

I'm annoyed at Francesca for leaving WFAN AND feel sorry for the three people replacing them. I dislike Bart Scott and can care less about chris Carlin and that squeaky voiced Maggie grey.

I'm hopeful chris Russo will move mad dog unleashed to 1pm so I can listen to something semi intelligent. Although when he talks 1980s tennis he looses me

Reaction Score
What i like about the wcbb tournament is being a chameleon fan.From the start of the tourney i am usually a Duke or Stanford fan to go along with Uconn and as the games start playing out i may turn on Duke or Stanford if it looks like they might be dangerous.How many Uconn fans became Louisville fans when they took a sizeable lead vs.Baylor a few years ago and upset them.The first thing i thought was that no one now has a chance vs.Uconn.As soon as Uconn met Louisville in the finals i wanted a massive victory.I have always rooted for the other teams in whatever league Uconn is in when the post season starts.Last year i rooted for Oregon vs Maryland and rooted just as hard against them in their next game.Chameleon fanhood from one game to the next.fun fun fun.

Reaction Score
WBB
Yankees
Cubs
Oklahoma U. FB
Penn St. U. FB
CT Sun
MN Linx
USA teams
Women's Field Hockey HS/College/ Olympic
HS/College/Olympic Wrestling

Dislikes:
Alabama U. FB
NFL FB
NBA BB
NHL
All Pro Wrestling
FSU FB
Miami U. FB
Fla U. FB
Most Men's College BB teams

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Root for:

UConn women
Red Sox
Dallas Wings
US women's national soccer team
Many other WBB teams

Root against:

Any football team, but especially the Washington NFL team
NY Yankees (see Red Sox above)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I hate ben mcadoo.
I hate jerry Reece
I strongly dislike JOHN Mara

I dislike Brian cashman for firing giraridi and having no plan to fill the Yankee manager.

I'm annoyed at Francesca for leaving WFAN AND feel sorry for the three people replacing them. I dislike Bart Scott and can care less about chris Carlin and that squeaky voiced Maggie grey.

I'm hopeful chris Russo will move mad dog unleashed to 1pm so I can listen to something semi intelligent. Although when he talks 1980s tennis he looses me
And this relates to sports teams, how? I guess I am confused by your answer that's all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom