What are you looking forward to this season? | The Boneyard

What are you looking forward to this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reply with something specific about a Husky player. For example, I am most looking forward to Kiah Stokes demonstrating her Iowa state high school record form as a shot blocker.

Wouldn't it be great to have our opposition get frustrated as they discover they not only have to worry about getting blocked by our imposing center, but there's a new player near the basket swatting their shots away as well!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
just one thing? i'll pick two for the newbies... the shooting of KML and the speed of Brianna Banks (ie. seeing her use her speed on offense and defense)...

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The return of Caroline! Stef and Bria's sophomore year! Kelly Faris!! Tiff! And of course, the newbies...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
just one thing? i'll pick two for the newbies... the shooting of KML and the speed of Brianna Banks (ie. seeing her use her speed on offense and defense)...
What am I looking forward to?

More posts from Wonkster and Eric. :)
I agree with them on the frosh:

Kiah coming from the weak side and swatting shots. Oh, Maya!

Brianna blowing by defenders or stopping on a dime as they go falling.

Kaleena making shots at an uncanny rate, such that Maya and Diana would be proud. Personal 10-0 scoring runs in 3 minutes or less.

Tiffany showing that she can be consistent and is one of the best players in America every game.

Kelly showing that players don't have to score a lot to be extremely valuable by doing everything else very well.

Bria demonstrating that she is the best of a very good group of sophomore guards in WCBB.

Stefanie moving into the conversation of "who was/is the best post player at UConn?"

Caroline being healthy and staring some opponent down.

Heather frustrating Britney Griner.

Lauren and Michala being good teammates, earning more PT, and improving their games.

Geno being as hilarious as usual.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
1) A healthy, productive year for Caroline
2) Consistent and impactful performances from Tiff
3) That the frosh have the kind of freshman year that Stef did (or better :))

Reaction Score
im looking forward to see tiffany hayes bringing it in big time games

Reaction Score
Reply with something specific about a Husky player. For example, I am most looking forward to Kiah Stokes demonstrating her Iowa state high school record form as a shot blocker.

Wouldn't it be great to have our opposition get frustrated as they discover they not only have to worry about getting blocked by our imposing center, but there's a new player near the basket swatting their shots away as well!

While I hope Doty has a full and productive year, I'm particularly eager for Brianna Banks to light up the court as the backup point-guard. Would be fun to see Auriemma have to wrestle with switching Hartley to shooting guard because of Banks's productivity.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
While I hope Doty has a full and productive year, I'm particularly eager for Brianna Banks to light up the court as the backup point-guard. Would be fun to see Auriemma have to wrestle with switching Hartley to shooting guard because of Banks's productivity.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Banks to play point guard. Bria and Caroline will split those minutes. Banks will be sharing the 2 guard duties with Tiffany.

Reaction Score
Laura Engeln
Michala Johnson
more playing time, with a lot more scoring

Reaction Score
Watching the Frosh become the lynch pin KS, BB, KML. Clogging up the middle, speed with a shot and just draining it from where ever she gets a shot, oh and we now have a bench. jmo of course...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Honestly, if I had to pick only one thing, it would be seeing BBanks add a potentially lethal element to the UCONN offense. There will probably only be flashes of it this year, but I will be watching closely. :cool: I truly believe that she has the potential to expand UCONN's offensive repertoire from what it has been in past years. Yes, Tiff loves to penetrate and has good success with it, Lorin could penetrate pretty well, and Bria is none too shabby, but folks, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

I second a lot of the other items mentioned already: definitely seeing CDoty suit up will be awesome, and there will be no question of who the leader is. KML raining 3's, Stef and Bria taking the next step, Kiah Stokes rebounding and providing post "D" ... the list goes on! Actually this last element (Kiah) will be the biggest key to UCONN's success. BBanks' exploits will be welcome & exciting but not quite as crucial this year in the grand scheme of things.

Reaction Score
I want to see - Heather prove her game against Baylor last year was no fluke.
- Caroline come back healthy, and pick up where she left off.
- All the sophomores take their games to the next level.
- All the frosh, by mid-year, playing like upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
Was it in the movie, the Professionals, when the guy said, " Badge, I don't need no damn badge." If I were to have to limit my answer to individual performances, I would say an uninjured year for Caroline and 10 solid minutes per game by Heather. But, I say to this "new member," Woonster (whatever his name is)- "Rules, I don't need your damn rules!"

What I really look forward to is a suffocating defense, often extending to full court, participated in by every member of the team.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
All I wish for is watching Captain Doty cutting down the nets after leading her team to the national championship.

Sweet Caroline.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
All I wish for is watching Captain Doty cutting down the nets after leading her team to the national championship.

Sweet Caroline.

+1

Reaction Score
Was it in the movie, the Professionals, when the guy said, " Badge, I don't need no damn badge." If I were to have to limit my answer to individual performances, I would say an uninjured year for Caroline and 10 solid minutes per game by Heather. But, I say to this "new member," Woonster (whatever his name is)- "Rules, I don't need your damn rules!"

What I really look forward to is a suffocating defense, often extending to full court, participated in by every member of the team.

Absolutely Yes.

Reaction Score

The film was The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, if it matters. *

"Woonster?" "New member?**" You gotta be kidding. What planet are you visiting from?

* "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
** This comment from a guy with all of 16 posts on the old Scout message board. LOL!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"Woonster?" "New member?" You gotta be kidding. What planet are you visiting from?

Hey, it says that you are a New Member right under your name. Proof enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom