What are you looking forward to this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are you looking forward to this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I guess I don't have any real expectations this season. There are so many question marks. Can Caroline stay healthy? Can Bria make a leap as a sophomore? Can Tiff be a steady hand and senior leader? Can Kiah come in and be an asset at the 4 by season's end? Can Kelly become more consistent offensively? Can KML show signs of being a NPOY candidate at the college level like she was in high school? Can Stef, who exceeded expectations as a frosh, do it again as a sophomore? What role will Brianna Banks have? Do Lauren and Michala get themselves into the rotation more, or do the newbies pass them by?

No one on the team has the kind of role they had last year. I'm looking forward to seeing the team gel by season's end, hopefully with enough poise and belief to make another deep run in the NCAA tournament.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hey, it says that you are a New Member right under your name. Proof enough for me.
i think all our avatars say 'new member' right under our name. i wonder if that will ever change...

Reaction Score
Hey, it says that you are a New Member right under your name. Proof enough for me.

Don't think you're a Philadelphia lawyer just 'cause you live in Pennsylvania.

Reaction Score
i think all our avatars say 'new member' right under our name. i wonder if that will ever change...
Eric, maybe you should ask itsasport. After all, he's got lots of experience in these matters. I heard he amassed a whopping 16 posts on the old Scout Boneyard message board.

Reaction Score
Reply with something specific about a Husky player. For example, I am most looking forward to Kiah Stokes demonstrating her Iowa state high school record form as a shot blocker.

Wouldn't it be great to have our opposition get frustrated as they discover they not only have to worry about getting blocked by our imposing center, but there's a new player near the basket swatting their shots away as well!
I can't wait to see Kelly and Brianna on the court at the same time; putting all kinds of defensive pressure on opposing teams offenses!

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see Kelly and Brianna on the court at the same time; putting all kinds of defensive pressure on opposing teams offenses!

Wow! You're right about that! Reports from Georgia say that Brianna is a defensive nightmare for the opposition to deal with.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im looking forward to the development of this team. We are young and will be adding youth, some terrific youth again next season. If things play out as close to what we are posting, the next 5 years will be very special. Our freshman this season will go through growing pains. They will be tested early with big games. As good as our freshman were in HS the change to college will take time to develop. We will see spurts of glory from time to time and we will witness the learning curve also. The bottom line is we have the nucleaus of our team back from last season and although we dont have Maya and Lorin we have a bench and we have last years class with a years experience.

Reaction Score
Wow! You're right about that! Reports from Georgia say that Brianna is a defensive nightmare for the opposition to deal with.
Once Brianna learns the ins and outs of Geno's TEAM defense and gets some game experience under her belt, Kelly and Brianna will wreak havoc on the defensive end of the floor. Throw in Kiah's shot blocking ability (when shes on the floor) and Tiffany's speed and you've got quite a disruptive foursome.

Geno will mix and match the players for a bit, until he finds out what combinations will give him the best of whatever he wants on the floor at any given time. It's going to be a very interesting, and successful (I hope) season. I can't wait for the first jump ball!!

Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen, please! Of course I recognized Wonkster and his record of great posts. I'm flattered that someone checked my past total of 16. That was the joke for goodness sake. And, I wanted to alter the premise of the topic in a funny way, because team defense is really what I'm looking forward to. Although I have only begun to post, I think that they have been good ones. One of my last was a New Post that regretted that the posting record had been wiped out on this new board and suggested it be restored. Harriet posted that it was worth thinking about. Having her respond to something I said made me feel very good. But, as I read the heated responses this morning, I felt that I had somehow gotten onto the Tenn board by mistake. (JOKE)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's strange - I can't find the post by Woonster in this thread.
We all new who was meant Woonster. Remember I am a certified prognosticator and performer of misrepresentation.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I can't imagine anyone confusing the Tennessee board with this one.

Boneyarders are characterized by an unfortunate combination of stupidity and belligerence. Summitteers are renowned for their wisdom and graciousness.:rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Reply with something specific about a Husky player. For example, I am most looking forward to Kiah Stokes demonstrating her Iowa state high school record form as a shot blocker.

Wouldn't it be great to have our opposition get frustrated as they discover they not only have to worry about getting blocked by our imposing center, but there's a new player near the basket swatting their shots away as well!

Dolson Dolson and more Dolson!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
So, Dove, I take it you're still drinking Dolson Ale?

s.gif
s.gif

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to Michala Johnson to beef up and play.

I was looking forward to Philster buying her a extra slice of pizza.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to Michala Johnson to beef up and play.

I was looking forward to Philster buying her a extra slice of pizza.
I think it may take a pie a day and two hours in the weight room.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it may take a pie a day and two hours in the weight room.
lol that was funny. cream pie or something really fattening, eh?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
What do I want to see this year? Well, the return of Caroline Doty; great play from the freshmen, especially Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis; the leadership of senior Tiffany Hayes; and another great season leading to the Final Four. And what gives me confidence in this team besides the talent? Geno Auriemma, the greatest coach in women's basketball.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot one thing. It would be great to see Lauren Engeln and Michala Johnson play and contribute a lot more this year!

Reaction Score
By the new basketball season I am really anxious for any scraps of information about the team and when the first games begin. This I have to add how much I missed Caroline Doty. I love her moxy, toughness and skilled shooting. I pray she has a full healthy year ahead. I think Caroline and Tiff will turn out to be great captains. And I always have a special delight in seeing the freshman do well, which seems likely.

Reaction Score
hope Geno will use more bench this year,so no repeat from last year...

Reaction Score
I look forward to a great year by all the players and especially Heather Buck. Noticed she was rated higher her senior year than Natalie Novasel - and could not help but think about all the points Novasel scored in the final four game while Heather never got to play. Rooting for her to fulfill the potential she once displayed now that she has had several years with Geno and CD to really be developed into a great post player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom