What Are You Impressions Of The Cw Post Game? | The Boneyard

What Are You Impressions Of The Cw Post Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only caught the last few minutes on the radio. Who looked good and who didn't? How was the half court execution? Was the team D as good if not better than the first exhibition game?

From what I heard DD had a very nice game.

Reaction Score
Drummond looked like the best player on the court for much of the game. Lamb and Deandre looked great, Shabazz played well, although he turned it over a couple of times. Half court offense was very good in this one, although I would like to get the ball inside to Oriakhi more. Defense and rebounding were sloppy in the second half...gotta do a better job, but I doubt it is something that will linger.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Yes please, a well written recap with some stats would be dandy. A link would suffice. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the sloppy title. It was suppposed to say "your" not "you". It seems we can't edit our subject line. Maybe that's something that Tom can fix for us.

Reaction Score
What happened did Uconn just coast in the 2nd half? I saw they were actually outscored and gave up 40

Reaction Score
was a great game.. Daniels, Lamb, Bazz , Drummond looked nice.. A few too many times guys went up for rebounds and actually knocked the ball loose from another uconn player.. 24 Allen can handle the ball just fine, and hit a nice three.. He looks way more comfortable then Beverly, Smith or Trice ever did. Alex was lost today.. couldnt stop picking up the ticky tack fouls.. Wolf would do something good then be slow and do something bad. At one point in the second half drummond got like 6 rebounds ina row.. was nice.. Overall we are def stacked.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the sloppy title. It was suppposed to say "your" not "you". It seems we can't edit our subject line. Maybe that's something that Tom can fix for us.
Wasn't sloppy, Hell, had you not said anything a lot of us missed it anyway or others don't really care about such typos. :cool:

I think google auto correct has now been built into our DNA.

Reaction Score
What happened did Uconn just coast in the 2nd half? I saw they were actually outscored and gave up 40

Yeah, they pretty much treated the second half like it was a pickup game. Not much boxing out, defense, or fighting for balls. Can't blame them entirely for losing focus because it was pretty clear Post was overmatched.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1st time watching AD, very quite 1st half and then went off in the 2nd half. It's obvious that if plays hard, he can be very good

very impressed with DD, strong inside and out

JL can score from anywhere and at anytime, RayRay smooth

Tyler has nice touch around the hoop and looks strong

Alex was quite

Bazz was Bazz, he'll be fine at the 1

I didn't see a big improvement in Roscoe today, but he's already a defensive stopper

I thought Wolf played way better than I ever expected, some quality minutes when he was on the floor

I don't think Jimmy is going to have enough PT available to keep everybody happy

Reaction Score
1st time watching AD, very quite 1st half and then went off in the 2nd half. It's obvious that if plays hard, he can be very good

Alex was quite

I didn't see a big improvement in Roscoe today, but he's already a defensive stopper

I thought Wolf played way better than I ever expected, some quality minutes when he was on the floor

I don't think Jimmy is going to have enough PT available to keep everybody happy

Pretty much how I saw this game as well. You get the feeling we have about three or four guys on this team that aren't going to see nearly as much time as they would at another BCS school. Out of Giffey, Roscoe, and Deandre, one of them is going to get shafted in the minute department. Drummond, Oriakhi, and an improved Tyler Olander give us three quality options at the post, and obviously a deep back court with Bazz, Lamb, and Boatright whenever he comes back.

Reaction Score
Lamb has really added to his game. I honestly think he will be an NBA all star one day. There were at least 3x when he broke down his defender and drained a pull up in their face.

I can't imagine this team losing on days where they shoot as well as today. Daniels looks like a great shooter and I like how quickly he got off his second three. Bazz had a little better shot selections. I swear that he shoots 60 percent on set, open looks and 5 percent on his crazy deep bombs off the dribble.

Olander has clearly improved and has the best post moves by far. I think Alex has worked on his footwork a lot but he isn't as fluid. There was a time in the last game where he had a nice drop step after going left which I didn't see last year, but missed the chippy. He never releases his layups with his arm extended, its always a sort of flip shot.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This team isn't going to lose many games this year. We are too good defensively. If we are hitting our shots, we're close to unbeatable.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Alex was quite

Great recap. Couldn't have said it better myself.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
B. Allen was exciting (didnt know he was from Windsor)

Boatwright is needed... may be a better "scoring threat" than Bazz. Bazz is a pass 1st PG and RyanB is more like Kemba, he's gonna keep you honest.

It was nice to see Coach use "his hook" very early in the game!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
CW Post can score and they are quick. They put 80 up on the Johnnies, who scored about 120 on them.. It is a little disturbing that they played us even in the 2nd half. But there is no denying the depth of talent on this team and Boatright and Bradley, who we don't really know what they bring to the table, and Giffey who we have some idea can be a solid contributor, weren't even available. Last year for the first time I can remember, JC played everybody every game except for Wolf. Now it looks like Wolf can play, too. It will be very interesting how playing time is allocated, but this team should be able to run most opponents into the ground by the last 5-7 minutes. Guard play will be the key, because the front court is stacked, stacked, stacked.

Reaction Score
A few have said that Wolf looked good at times and not so good at other times. Can someone give me a little more detail to what he seems to be doing right and what he needs to work on?

Reaction Score
A few have said that Wolf looked good at times and not so good at other times. Can someone give me a little more detail to what he seems to be doing right and what he needs to work on?
He has nice touch around the basket, but just simply isn't as strong or athletic as any of our other big guys. I don't think he's a bad player, he's just behind quite a few guys on the depth chart.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

he has decent athleticism, was sound on defense switching off and rotating, can help on the boards and seems to understand and fit into the scheme

last year, he was just a body. His confidence appears to have improved.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
After watching the replay after finally getting my power back, I was pleasantly surprised by his play. He converted the opportunities near the basket and he made a really good lob (no hesitation, perfect placement) in to AD, I believe. He got stripped once and missed one pass from Bazz that had a lot of mustard on it, but would have been a layup. He's moving better and seems to understand the help defense pretty well. He got some boards, but could use some more strength in securing the ball in traffic. All in all, he played well. Now, he did have about 7 inches in height over the tallest opponent, but still I thought he did well.

C

Chief00

After watching the replay after finally getting my power back, I was pleasantly surprised by his play. He converted the opportunities near the basket and he made a really good lob (no hesitation, perfect placement) in to AD, I believe. He got stripped once and missed one pass from Bazz that had a lot of mustard on it, but would have been a layup. He's moving better and seems to understand the help defense pretty well. He got some boards, but could use some more strength in securing the ball in traffic. All in all, he played well. Now, he did have about 7 inches in height over the tallest opponent, but still I thought he did well.
Wolfe runs a little better than last year since he lost a ton of weight. Having said that IMO he has a very, very limited upside. He bobbled two passes, the second one prompted a JC conversation with Blaney. This will be cruel but probably his most memorable moment this year - will be not giving up his ship for AD.

Reaction Score
Lamb has really added to his game. I honestly think he will be an NBA all star one day. There were at least 3x when he broke down his defender and drained a pull up in their face.

I can't imagine this team losing on days where they shoot as well as today. Daniels looks like a great shooter and I like how quickly he got off his second three. Bazz had a little better shot selections. I swear that he shoots 60 percent on set, open looks and 5 percent on his crazy deep bombs off the dribble.

Olander has clearly improved and has the best post moves by far. I think Alex has worked on his footwork a lot but he isn't as fluid. There was a time in the last game where he had a nice drop step after going left which I didn't see last year, but missed the chippy. He never releases his layups with his arm extended, its always a sort of flip shot.

Interesting point on AO - noticed the same last year. His touch around the rim is really funny. Something about his release looks very stiff and unnatural at times - something about his are extension.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Interesting point on AO - noticed the same last year. His touch around the rim is really funny. Something about his release looks very stiff and unnatural at times - something about his are extension.
I can't tell if it is a mechanical issue or a confidence issue, but both AO and RS struggle at making the most basic shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom