What Are You Impressions Of The Cw Post Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Are You Impressions Of The Cw Post Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's hard to take much away from these games. You go up 12-0 players naturally lose some focus. It's best to take to good and ignore the bad because everyone is so rusty and needs time to settle in. The only reason to watch these games is to get a good look at the new young pups and to see if any of the returning players shows signs of making a big leap year to year.

I think all of us can agree DD and AD look like they are really really good. They are going to play key roles for us- DD is way more polished then most freshmen I have seen and AD is really something different then most college basketball players on any level of measuring you might use- WOW. Allen looks like he can be helpful at times resting Bazz- that is a huge relief and he will see some DBev minutes when Bazz needs a good chewing out on the bench.

J Lamb looked like he was "struggling" at times and still was the high scorer- you can tell he has really stepped up his game. reminds me of Ben G - you look up and say "he has 16?" how did that happen?

Bazz- while having a shaky first half in one of the games almost had a triple double in both of them- you can not ask for more then that.

AO looks about the same- maybe stronger. That is fine with me- he was a beast last year.

TO has been the surprise of the off season for returning players. He looks great. When JC said he was "our best big man in practice" I thought to myself "oh no"! But after watching him play he is doing what JC wants all the players to do- play smart- don't make mistakes and play good D and score the rock. He is starting to look like a 3rd year dookie out there (with less gay stuff going on like flopping).

Wolf looks like a skinny slow German vs an out of shape slow German- so that is an improvement. If he can run the floor this year he might see some limited minutes.

I do not think RS played enough to really comment on his game. He also shines more when D is paramount and that was not the case in these games nor will it be for a while.

Our D looked really good with the exception being we got caught in screens and left people open for too many JSs- this will improve over time but it is clear that there is really no where to go if you get into the paint. We have the advantage this year vs last of AD and AO or a stronger TO/RS backing up the perimeter D - it is a nightmare once you get in the paint. Ours bigs have to stay on their feet and not fall for every pump fake- but that too will improve over time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This will be cruel but probably his most memorable moment this year - will be not giving up his ship for AD.

I'm a little surprised by the lack of response to this comment. It's clearly the nastiest thing anyone has said about any player this year, disclaimer upfront notwithstanding. Where are the self-proclaimed rulemakers from the Daniels thread on this one? Wolf has a ring, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom