What are you expecting from Drummond? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are you expecting from Drummond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You really think Giffey, DD and TO will avg those and that is every game? I would expect 13 & 8 from AD, at least 9 from SN, and more like 5 for DD, 3 for NG & TO.

Lot of players on this team for him to get 15. 8-10, and 2.5 is what I'd like to see.

JL- 16
AO-14
AD-8
RS-7
SN-7- no need for him to score, just 6+ assists per game
DD-7
NG-5
RB-5
TO-5
MB, EO-3 combined

That's 77 points per game, which is about right, although we have the wheels to be a mid 80's scoring team this season. I think we come back and are top three in FG % defense and regain our #1 in blocks this year.

Reaction Score
OMG...prep school to BE is a HUGE transition...while skilled yes, he will have to 'share the rock' in order for this team to try and repeat...i'd guess 9 pts 7 rbs 3 blocks avg...now, by march, as he develops a low post game against better comp, maybe he's 13, 8 and 3...otherwise 50 ppg, and 30 rpg :)

Reaction Score
I think he can be a 10/ 10 guy by the end of the year with a few big games (20 pts) thrown in the mix. That means AO and AD could have 20ish rebounds a game. Add in Mr Smith and we will be killing the boards.

Reaction Score
while skilled yes, he will have to 'share the rock' in order for this team to try and repeat
He already has a pretty strong reputation in the passing department. Not just flashy passes either.
Check out the pass at the 1:34 mark in this mix.

That is an outstanding pass at any level, including the NBA.
I think his shooting from the free throw area (in terms of jumpshots and FTs) is what most people are questioning. Hopefully the staff can work with him and make him comfortable from that spot.

Reaction Score
OMG...prep school to BE is a HUGE transition...while skilled yes, he will have to 'share the rock' in order for this team to try and repeat...i'd guess 9 pts 7 rbs 3 blocks avg...now, by march, as he develops a low post game against better comp, maybe he's 13, 8 and 3...otherwise 50 ppg, and 30 rpg :)[/quote
OMG...prep school to BE is a HUGE transition...while skilled yes, he will have to 'share the rock' in order for this team to try and repeat...i'd guess 9 pts 7 rbs 3 blocks avg...now, by march, as he develops a low post game against better comp, maybe he's 13, 8 and 3...otherwise 50 ppg, and 30 rpg :)
After watching about 50 of his games over the last two years it's safe to say just about everything has been covered regarding Andre on this board.....He will contribute but not fully at first , as good as the prep school league is it is a huge jump to the Big East. He is coming from a stuctured, regimented environment where his every move is choreographed for him. He's going to have to buck up to all aspects of college life and that will take some time....And while he seemed to have a great relationship with JC when they acknowledged each other at games and while Jere Quinn was in his face more than often, the coach can be trying as everyone here knows.

His physical gifts are freakish...Not only does he jump well the top 5but he does it very quickly.....It's safe to say that We will be in the top five for blocked shots .....Often he was the fastest player on the court and believe me there were a lot of Napiers in the league last year. The STM press could be suffocating when he guarded the inbounding player and if they got it inbounds AD was the chaser and reaked havoc. I'm guessing like Karreem he can pick a dime off the top of the backboard. I'm guessing that if he hits the weights he will be very close to Howard.

He can be very physical and will initiate contact....not sure if it was an intimidation tactic but he'll have to watch his step with it. He plays defense within the system, even though during his first year at STM he really had difficulty learning to play defense within a team context and got suckered into commiting a lot of fouls. Last year was very different and once opponents figured out what he could do the entire lane wasn't violated very often unless they wanted a painful facial dinner. My guess is that in the beginning he will accumulate fouls but he learns quickly.

Offensively he is very raw but has made great strides. Dunking is his main scoring weapon but his jump hook with either hand was becoming lethal at times. He has some paint moves but he has relied on just over powering people. His jumper has low release so some have been blocked but it can be corrected....he practices it continuaoully especially on the turnaround....fairly accurate.........Foul shooting is not so good but he works on it all the time and has developed a nice follow through......He's no Boone

He is a very good teammate and plays team ball....at least he did at STM. Quinn ran a motion offense that year after year kills prep school opposition because his kids are very disciplined and AD bought into it.....His passing that has garnered so much attention was largely done within the context of that disciplined offense.....he also is great on the break which STM pushes all the time and like the Huskies it is a disciplined fast break......He will showboat a little but if it was done to show up an opponent he got a quck hook. Yes he did sit lot like he will for UConn but he doesn't usually repeat the same mistake and he does not argue back or look aloof after his first year.

As noted by many observers he doesn't play hard all the time but towards the end of last year i saw a lot more effort....In the natianal prep school championship game i saw a sustainded effort every minute for the first time and it was "wow" McD khiem Birch seemed like a two year old trying to contain AD.....both ways he dominated ....completely.............Some have mentioned that he might be a bust.......sheer folly......He is one and done in my mind but will make his mark on huskie nation.....the individual statistics will not be eyepopping, at least in the beginning but he will make his mark......Bocks per minute might be interesting though

Reaction Score
i withdraw my earlier prediction of 15-8-3 after seeing that video i think itll be more like 18-10-4. this kids athleticsm is crazy!!! he moves like a SF at nearly 7 feet 270 lbs!!! this kid has a tendency from what ive read to not play hard/aggressive for stretches. if he corrects that and is aggressive for 25-30 pg he is going to put up some big numbers. im curious to see him against a zone. if he can be consistent with his jumper with the way he can drive to the basket we would be an absolute nightmare to defend. im awe`d by your talent mr. drummond.

Reaction Score
Drummond wasn't a big scorer in HS. Where he excells is as a passing center in the paint. I would like to see Lamb, Nappier/Boat, Roscoe & Daniels get a lot of easy layups as a result of Andre's passing

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Drummond wasn't a big scorer in HS. Where he excells is as a passing center in the paint. I would like to see Lamb, Nappier/Boat, Roscoe & Daniels get a lot of easy layups as a result of Andre's passing

Don't forget starting the break. That's where he will help us the most this year. Rip the board, hit bazz, off to the races.

Reaction Score
he could have averaged crazy numbers if he had stayed the prep school route and while a very good passer he excels in every facet of the power game

Reaction Score
i saw him practicing with the team today. it was just a scrimmage, and as expected, he still looks like he has to acclimate to the college level... but he was easily the most physically imposing man on the floor. based on how many kids stopped their own workouts in the gym just to watch the scrimmage, it's obvious how excited people are about this guy!

Reaction Score
Don't forget starting the break. That's where he will help us the most this year. Rip the board, hit bazz, off to the races.

I think we'll also see him finishing on the break a lot once he gets used to the speed. Okafor scored a lot of points just beating his man down the floor, and AD has that type of athleticism. Oriahki is strong on the boards and keeps getting bigger and better.

Better that Bazz/Boat/Lamb get a lot of open threes. Oriahki and Roscoe can get the layups/dunks.

Reaction Score
i'm guessing he'll average 11 and 10. but he'll have a much greater impact based on the fact that he has the size and athleticism to block up the lane. AO will THRIVE with the attention defenses will be giving to AD.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I''m more focused on what the 4, 5 combo brings to UConn this season. Last season Roscoe, Tyler, Chuck and Alex averaged 19.4 points a game. I expect the numbers from the 4 and 5 spot to increase significantly this season. More than likely over 25 points per game.

Reaction Score
His interior passing looks amazing from those mixtapes. Remember how well Okafor and Boone used to pass to eachother back in '04? That season ended up pretty well...

Reaction Score
I'll sign up for 12 pts, 10 reb and a handful of blocks and assists a game. Against some of the lower tier teams he's just going to be physically way above the competition and should bring up his averages with that. His biggest impact should be on defense, especially allowing Oriakhi to go over to the 4 and have the two of them rebounding. It's going to be tough to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom