What are their majors? | The Boneyard

What are their majors?

Reaction Score
First time poster here. Been following my beloved huskies a long time. I would like to know the current major of each player on the team.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I didn't specifically look for it, but they usually put stuff like that in their biographies. If it isn't there, then it likely isn't public info.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I didn't specifically look for it, but they usually put stuff like that in their biographies. If it isn't there, then it likely isn't public info.

The only two players giving info on specific majors in the guide are

1) Molly Bent: 'an exploratory major' *whatever that is
2) Kyla Irwin: .speech, language and hearing science.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Crystal mentioned the other day in an after-practice interview that her major is Communications; she then said she wants to eventually be a Nike athletic shoe designer!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal mentioned the other day in an after-practice interview that her major is Communications; she then said she wants to eventually be a Nike athletic shoe designer!

:confused: I thought she said she is taking calculus and accounting which does not sound like courses needed for a communication degree or designer. Did I get that mixed up?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
:confused: I thought she said she is taking calculus and accounting which does not sound like courses needed for a communication degree or designer. Did I get that mixed up?

I remember the end of her comments -- Communications , then a pause, then "I want to design shoes for Nike!" with the pause being because she understood that it didn't naturally follow from Communications :p but I don't remember the earlier part (calc / Acct). . I would have to find it and listen again

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They major in basketball. No offense here, but none of these young ladies are going to be brain surgeons or rocket scientists, does it really matter? Notice how the players never have normal majors like regular students?
1544418526713.png

Reaction Score
They major in basketball. No offense here, but none of these young ladies are going to be brain surgeons or rocket scientists, does it really matter? Notice how the players never have normal majors like regular students?

Completely offensive. And remarkably uninformed. Contrary to your statement, UConn basketball has already produced a renowned surgeon. They major in a lot more than basketball, whereas you appear to have majored in cynicism.

Reaction Score
I am quite sure that the reference to "Accounting: and "Calculus " were made by the announcers during the recent game about courses being taken by ONO, not Crystal.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am quite sure that the reference to "Accounting: and "Calculus " were made by the announcers during the recent game about courses being taken by ONO, not Crystal.

Ok. Thanks. I know it was brought up on the SH game chat but the chat is not up anymore.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
About as unaware as can be. Yeah, none of them have a brain and are counting on playing hoops until they are 75.

Reaction Score

Nope. It was about Crystal. They said she changed her major. Was having a "rough" semester because she was taking 2 math classes, accounting and calculus.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, I believe Molly is carrying a 4.0. I would not be surprised if Med School is in her future.

Reaction Score
About as unaware as can be. Yeah, none of them have a brain and are counting on playing hoops until they are 75.

Geeez, won't they get tired by then? Seems a nice degree in knitting would last longer.
The association with Uconn has gone a long way in helping Uconn women get great jobs--degree or no.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lous older sister, Bonnie, is in Med School do be an Eye doctor. I think she has about one year left till she is done.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Geeez, won't they get tired by then? Seems a nice degree in knitting would last longer.
The association with Uconn has gone a long way in helping Uconn women get great jobs--degree or no.
Of course, that’s
Speaking of surgeons, does anyone know how Miss Pulido is doing in pursuit of her medical degree?
amazing what you can accomplish by majoring in basketball and skipping class

Last edited:

CED

Reaction Score
Most athletes in major sports do not major in STEM fields. Liberal arts fields which don't require lab courses or recitations, are much easier with the teams travel schedule. People often under estimate how much class time kids miss in sports like basketball, baseball, softball, etc... that play many away games on weekdays. Missing class time is much easier when you don't have lab required courses like in STEM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom