What are the chances.. | The Boneyard

What are the chances..

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
..we get to see a lineup of Jackson, Gaffney, Bouknight, Akok, Sanogo this season?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Akok is playing today.
Proud Of You Yes GIF

Reaction Score
Pleasant surprise on AA. Hope he can get some rust off and break a sweat. Anything he can contribute is a bonus.

More about improving confidence in his body/legs and providing some energy to the team.

Would be great to see he and Bouk starting to hit their rhythm for Nova game. Time will tell.

BTW AA. Keep your head up when AJ has the ball in his hands. He'll find you if you're open.

Reaction Score
Akok Akok is not a "savior" , but if he can be our rim protector he can cover for some of our defensive lapses. Everyone sees how teams get easy layups on us. It's got to stop! Hopefully today vs Xavier.

Reaction Score
I still think Akok has an exceedingly bright future with us. But it starts next year. He needs to shake the rust off, have a full summer back in the weight room, and then a normal preseason of practices. I just think it’s unfair to expect anything much from him this season, coming back from that horrid injury and dealing with the challenges of the pandemic. I’d be fine if he doesn’t play any more minutes this year; his best is yet to come and the potential is still there.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
This tweet gives me hope that it’s still possible

Reaction Score
I still think Akok has an exceedingly bright future with us. But it starts next year. He needs to shake the rust off, have a full summer back in the weight room, and then a normal preseason of practices. I just think it’s unfair to expect anything much from him this season, coming back from that horrid injury and dealing with the challenges of the pandemic. I’d be fine if he doesn’t play any more minutes this year; his best is yet to come and the potential is still there.
I want this to be true but there’s just no evidence of it so far in his UCONN career as short as it has been.

Reaction Score
Akok is a difference maker. He alters shots on defense and can hit perimeter shots with more regularity than Whaley which then opens up the middle more for Sanogo and others. Then you add Bouk to the mix too and all of the other players including those like Polley instantly become better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom