What are current injuries? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are current injuries?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I think the biggest question is whether Jackson tore his meniscus or not. Nobody here seems to know
This really is the elephant in the room. Can our potential high flying freshman go this year. Ordinarily, we would be hearing about AJ's daily gravity defying feats at this point. So he's injured, when did this happen, how, and given there is a date for his return, how will it affect his play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... but his stats were not impressive.
I don't understand why you want to use last season's incomplete numbers to project success this season. The guards he was playing with were both ball-stopping volume shooters while he was in there. He was good enough to start out of the chute. He showed he can make plays, has a steep learning curve an a non-stop motor. What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one on the board that was not impressed with the numbers Akok put up? Granted, the potential is there and it was his first year of D1 basketball, but his stats were not impressive. Tell me what I'm missing.
It seemed like he blocked a lot of shots for the minutes he played. I noticed he altered shots or deterred players who had the ball, from driving inside and who instead passed it, rather than drive inside and challenge him. These are subtle factors that do not show up on the stat sheet.

You are correct that his offensive numbers are not impressive.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't understand why you want to use last season's incomplete numbers to project success this season. The guards he was playing with were both ball-stopping volume shooters while he was in there. He was good enough to start out of the chute. He showed he can make plays, has a steep learning curve an a non-stop motor. What am I missing?
He wasn't good offensively. The hope is he worked on his shooting before next season starts, but he has a lot of competition for minutes with guys who might bring different kinds of skills to the floor.

Reaction Score
I've had my question answered already. Sorry you wasted your time.

Reaction Score
Junior Brendan Adams, who has a foot injury, is not yet practicing with the team. Freshman Andre Jackson and senior Tyler Polley are taking part more fully in the hour-long sessions. The Huskies aren’t doing any five-on-five work yet.

Reaction Score
Junior Brendan Adams, who has a foot injury, is not yet practicing with the team. Freshman Andre Jackson and senior Tyler Polley are taking part more fully in the hour-long sessions. The Huskies aren’t doing any five-on-five work yet.

this is a helpful update. Andre being able to participate is very important for him to have bette chance of immediate impact in games. Much less concerned about BA not participating since he’s been in Hurley’s system for 2 years. They are projecting him to be back in Nov in time for games

Reaction Score
I played pick up with the team yesterday. Everyone looked good. Ready to go. :rolleyes:
You played pickup? Aren’t you like a 100 or something and 5’9”???? LOL... just kidding... I hope this finds you well HS... it’s been like 20 years!? I’m doing well after 3 strokes in one day 10/9/14... but at 5’10” 190lbs and 59...I don’t play horse against 6th graders in the neighborhood.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom