What adjective best describes this year's team? | The Boneyard

What adjective best describes this year's team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Some years certain features stand out more in UConn teams than in others, and some times one player like a Mel Thomas can seem to bring out an aura of "tough" or a Tina Charles a "dominating" feeling.

The word to me this year is "relenteless," on both sides of the ball. On the offensive side they always have that fiercely persistent hunger to get the ball inside as various players make moves into the paint looking for a pass, and the push, push, push just never lets up. It has to be wearing the defenses of opponents out to be constantly scrambling to seal up the openings for Stewie and Morgan, and then have a MoJeff or Kia attacking with drives while KML is circling ready to nail one from inside or out. And then Gabby and Kiah are relentlessly trying to grab O-Rebs.

On defense you have the Swatinator tandem inside plus a quartet of rotating guards that are always pressing the opponents to go deep into the shot clock and get desperate to put up a shot that is generally pretty poor. And if the ball handler relaxes for a moment, MoJeff or Saniya are threatening to strip the ball away for a quick 2.

With the exuberant freshman crew mixed with some great speed overall, there is just this boundless energy for relentless play.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the word "building." As in Tony's thread, they haven't peaked yet. This team has a ton of talent. I think the best is yet to come.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Determined. Determined to prove that the Stanford game was a fluke. Determined to prove to Geno that they are consistently excellent, despite the loss of Stef and Bria.

Reaction Score
Some years certain features stand out more in UConn teams than in others, and some times one player like a Mel Thomas can seem to bring out an aura of "tough" or a Tina Charles a "dominating" feeling.

The word to me this year is "relenteless," on both sides of the ball. On the offensive side they always have that fiercely persistent hunger to get the ball inside as various players make moves into the paint looking for a pass, and the push, push, push just never lets up. It has to be wearing the defenses of opponents out to be constantly scrambling to seal up the openings for Stewie and Morgan, and then have a MoJeff or Kia attacking with drives while KML is circling ready to nail one from inside or out. And then Gabby and Kiah are relentlessly trying to grab O-Rebs.

On defense you have the Swatinator tandem inside plus a quartet of rotating guards that are always pressing the opponents to go deep into the shot clock and get desperate to put up a shot that is generally pretty poor. And if the ball handler relaxes for a moment, MoJeff or Saniya are threatening to strip the ball away for a quick 2.

With the exuberant freshman crew mixed with some great speed overall, there is just this boundless energy for relentless play.
For the exact same reasons you've just articulated, I'd call them aggressive! And Kia Nurse puts the cherry on top of the exclamation point.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Something special is building with this team. It's surging. I'm not sure this is a word - if it's not, consider it coined. The adjective is...tsunamic.
Is "tsunamic" at all like "numismatic"? I guess you coined a new word. :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I like the word "building." As in Tony's thread, they haven't peaked yet. This team has a ton of talent. I think the best is yet to come.

In a different forum, our old friend Doggy laid out a splendid argument that it's hard to imagine the team playing better
than against S. Florida.

I agree with Tony.
The best is yet to come.

HGN

Reaction Score
ACHIEVERS......best describes this team. They are not the tallest , the deepest , or maybe even the most talented. But they just keep beating the best teams out there. They keep achieving. I don't think it's over-achievement because it seems any team coached by Geno rises to the task........ They Achieve.:cool:

Reaction Score
I am going with "Fearless"for an adjective that describes this year's team. I am basing that on one person but it fits the team concept. Kia Nurse is fearless and her actions are defining the team. Giving us that persona.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...
I just noticed you have "fragil(e)", "ice", and "lid" in there, which don't sound right unless with the second one you're talking about the kind of water in the veins of MoJeff lately when she's shooting 3s.

Reaction Score
Two words.... Perpetual Motion. They move more than any other team I have watched this year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Tenacious. Both ends- 40 minutes. Relentless, was the other word that came to mind.

Reaction Score
Relentless for when they're playing well, frenetic or redlined for when they let their speed make them sloppy. "No deceleration. No retreat. No matter what." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom