What a waste of a championship | The Boneyard

What a waste of a championship

Reaction Score
This Stanford vs. AZ game was over when it hit the 5 minute mark in the 1st Q. What a joke of a championship, that is if anybody is watching.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SourGrapes.png

Reaction Score
This Stanford vs. AZ game was over when it hit the 5 minute mark in the 1st Q. What a joke of a championship, that is if anybody is watching.
I watched. I prefer basketball to sour grapes. By the way, I guess you didn’t watch. Aari’s last shot missed, otherwise Arizona wins. Was it great basketball? The answer was it featured the only two teams still playing after five months. Would you rather the losers in first FF games played for NC? UConn got their butts kicked. I didn’t like it either but I acknowledge that Arizona was the far better team that night. And if Stanford was No. 1 seed and Arizona lost by only one point, well...

Reaction Score
That was the ugliest BB game I have ever seen.
Womens basketball will never grow its audience if they have these games devolve into WWE matches.
Time after time, AZ would hold, bump and completely knock a player over and take the ball.
In the men's game they made a point, of making sure the offensive player had freedom of movement and protection with the ball.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
About as well as mine .... see " Arizona getting devastated by Stanford ". Posted earlier ..... my bad.
Kudos for the rare instance of a, "Yeah, that was me; my bad" reply to something that didn't quote you, but applied.

In full disclosure, I watched the first quarter of last night's, from the parked in front of my house, up until 16-5, and then thought I'd 'seen enough' to comfortably gather things from the day and go inside. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the game was well worth watching when I next saw the 21-20 score.

As a selectively-attentive casual fan since 1995, this year I watched every UConn game, plus something other than UConn on every day of the Tournament and the three games from this year's Final 4. Never did that before, and glad I did.

I visited here and posted for the first time too. And look forward to next season. Things ended pretty much as I'd imagined would be the the team's ceiling early on, but I hadn't factored in either Muhl's development & impact on team chemistry and then the same with her Tourney injury. With her at full strength, I'm confident that UConn would have competed in a different, excellent final game, and possibly won.

Reaction Score
Whoops. I wrote something like that yesterday and was torn to shreds by my BY buddies.
The game was entertaining, that's for sure. Because I didn't care who won (as long as it was neither Stanford nor Arizona), it was pretty exciting.
My point was not that the teams were per se bad, but that I thought a match-up of two of the best teams would be more appropriate (ie, the Cardinal vs another #1) for the NC. Could anyone conclude that if Arizona won, which they nearly did, that the Wildcats are America's best wcbb team? Even that they are the best team in the Pac12? And the fact that Stanford barely won may put a damper on its ascendancy to the top spot. (However, in fairness, the Cardinal has a slightly stronger claim to the NC than SC had last year.)
But that's how things worked out. And, frankly my dear . . .

Reaction Score
Whoops. I wrote something like that yesterday and was torn to shreds by my BY buddies.
The game was entertaining, that's for sure. Because I didn't care who won (as long as it was neither Stanford nor Arizona), it was pretty exciting.
My point was not that the teams were per se bad, but that I thought a match-up of two of the best teams would be more appropriate (ie, the Cardinal vs another #1) for the NC. Could anyone conclude that if Arizona won, which they nearly did, that the Wildcats are America's best wcbb team? Even that they are the best team in the Pac12? And the fact that Stanford barely won may put a damper on its ascendancy to the top spot. (However, in fairness, the Cardinal has a slightly stronger claim to the NC than SC had last year.)
But that's how things worked out. And, frankly my dear . . .
I don’t think the tournament decides who the best team is, it decides who wins the tournament. Everyone recognizes upsets are a part of any one and done tournament.

Reaction Score
Please feel free to turn off the TV, or change the channel. Better yet, don't feel you have to watch women's sports at all! I find it comical that so many posters come out of the woodwork during tourney time to tell us how "unwatchable" this game is. Feel better now?

Reaction Score
It was over?, which is why Stanford won by 1 point. Did you watch the same game as everyone else?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The beauty of not having a dog in the fight; as the game flowed back and forth I found myself wanting one to win and then the other. I enjoyed the game very much. I was intrigued by the Jones - Pellington (?) matchup. Jones would take her down low and bury her, but on the perimeter Jones was regularly being stripped of the ball.
different skill sets going head to head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom