What a terrible Game. | The Boneyard

What a terrible Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AB gets 40 points and keeps his fouls in check.
RB scores 22.
Fancy looked better.
RP had a few nice moments.
DH had his way and dished out over 10 assists.
We scored over a 100 points.

I agree our D was a bit soft but you have to look at this as a good confidence builder before we play Dook.

Reaction Score
We are the 4 time Champs. What's the point of starting a thread about us beating a terrible team? We gave up 85 points 15 3's and pretty much everyone else won by a larger margin. It was a below average performance as a team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have won 0 Championships this year and just loss 3 in a row. One of those was to Yale. And we post about every UCONN game here.

Reaction Score
I feel like people would still be b1tching and moaning even if this team ran the table and sent 7 guys into the lottery. Pretty sure we have the unhappiest fan base in the country.
? We're 4-3 with a loss at home to Yale. I absolutely agree the criticism around here can be over the top but it's not like this year has been sunshine and roses so far.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
? We're 4-3 with a loss at home to Yale. I absolutely agree the criticism around here can be over the top but it's not like this year has been sunshine and roses so far.

The team needed a win today in order to maintain any semblance of confidence. I'm happy that happened. We've known that defense has been an issue for a while now, so I personally don't feel the need for all reactions to today to be negative.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Is everyone aware that Yale is a top 100 team this year at the moment and is a better loss than Houston was last year?

I thought coppins 3 pt shooting was more flukey than poor perimeter defense. When the lightbulb goes off for purvis we become a very dangerous team.

Reaction Score
I thought it might be the only way some people around here would read it.
Positive posts have not been well received around here these days.
DOOMED!!!
Be careful. The mods could delete this post. It just pisses me off that that the thought police mods deleted one of my posts becuase the subject was misleading. Is there a double standard here?

Reaction Score
We needed to win a game period didn't have to be pretty just win baby. We don't know how this season will play out we've only played 7 games w/o a full roster .

Reaction Score
We are the 4 time Champs. What's the point of starting a thread about us beating a terrible team? We gave up 85 points 15 3's and pretty much everyone else won by a larger margin. It was a below average performance as a team.
You seem pleasant.

The offense is much further behind the defense right now, and it cost the team against Yale. I'll take a 100-plus-point effort against anyone right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You seem pleasant.

The offense is much further behind the defense right now, and it cost the team against Yale. I'll take a 100-plus-point effort against anyone right now.

Yes, but the defense is far behind where it was last year as well. The offense is mostly marred by two things in my view (1) lack of outside shooting threat, especially from 3 and (2) poor assist level. What is becoming clear to me is that Boatright is a small shooting guard and doesn't see to be able to generate offense for others. Hamilton is almost a Magic Johnson like point forward.

Glad to see Brimah break-out. Now we need others to join the party.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is everyone aware that Yale is a top 100 team this year at the moment and is a better loss than Houston was last year?

I thought coppins 3 pt shooting was more flukey than poor perimeter defense. When the lightbulb goes off for purvis we become a very dangerous team.
Thought it was a mixed bag. Facey lost Fripp a couple of times and Lubin lost him once. Purvis didn't run out to cover him once and TSam closed out late on his player by overplaying the bigs. Purvis got screened on another play that he should't have. Can't fault him much since he hadn't been practicing recently. And Ryan was playing a soft defense. I have no problem with this either because he probably is still nursing the ankle and contusion.

The contested shots going in are not the problem but only half the mades were contested. The other half were poorly contested. Put the defensive effort the team had against Yale with this offensive effort they had with Coppin State and the game is a UConn women's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom