What a great get Bouknight would be | The Boneyard

What a great get Bouknight would be

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Stud shooting guard from day 1. If the dam breaks tomorrow with Bouknight leading the way, I will be thrilled. I feel good about this one in many ways.

People get hung up on rankings, but from what I've watched and read, Bouknight and Gaffney are legit. Would be over the moon to grab them.

Reaction Score
People get hung up on rankings, but from what I've watched and read, Bouknight and Gaffney are legit. Would be over the moon to grab them.
Let's face it, our path back to greatness requires finding the diamonds in the rough. If Hurley can identify the grossly underrated kids like Calhoun did, we have a bright future.

Reaction Score
Bouknight's underrated because he missed a few months with an injury – out of sight, out of mind – and Gaffney's underrated because he's physically weak (easily correctable).

Honestly think Bouk is a top 30 recruit in this class. His only real weakness is a bit of tunnel vision, and while he'll never be the type of guy who initiates the offense, I've little doubt Hurley will be able to get him to do a better job of sharing the ball (and understanding how to do so effectively).

Gaffney hits the gym and he goes from a ~130 ranked recruit to a ~50 ranked recruit, if not higher. Excellent speed and quickness, very good shooter, very good passer. Needs to work on some game management PG (mental) skills, but so do most 17 year olds.

I love this backcourt.

Reaction Score
Bouknight's underrated because he missed a few months with an injury – out of sight, out of mind – and Gaffney's underrated because he's physically weak (easily correctable).

Honestly think Bouk is a top 30 recruit in this class. His only real weakness is a bit of tunnel vision, and while he'll never be the type of guy who initiates the offense, I've little doubt Hurley will be able to get him to do a better job of sharing the ball (and understanding how to do so effectively).

Gaffney hits the gym and he goes from a ~130 ranked recruit to a ~50 ranked recruit, if not higher. Excellent speed and quickness, very good shooter, very good passer. Needs to work on some game management PG (mental) skills, but so do most 17 year olds.

I love this backcourt.

Great post Matrim55.
Staff decisively reading between the lines of the ranking services and finding the talent Hurley wants for this program and his style of play. I'll be thrilled to get these two terrific players in the backcourt.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

The coaching staff’s effort is really inspiring to Chief. As Coach Hurley says finishing second on recruits means nothing. I stand by my prediction!
Note: Now here come the usual pessimistic critics posting rebuttals. LOL

Reaction Score
Stud shooting guard from day 1. If the dam breaks tomorrow with Bouknight leading the way, I will be thrilled. I feel good about this one in many ways.

No doubt brother Bouknight is everything you look for in a 2 guard. As usual I was right on him before anyone, while everyone was focused on Lester Quinones.

PS: Bouk is as talented if not more so than any recruit we are close with and that includes Precious.

Reaction Score
No doubt brother Bouknight is everything you look for in a 2 guard. As usual I was right on him before anyone, while everyone was focused on Lester Quinones.

PS: Bouk is as talented if not more so than any recruit we are close with and that includes Precious.
No he's not, Precious could step on an NBA court right now and not look at all out of place.

Not taking anything away from Bouknight.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Chief keeps being optimistic. Some of these dudes would have better sources if they weren’t so negative all the time. God Bless.
I think you will have the last laugh Chief. I hope so.

Reaction Score
I truly think Bouknight is better then Hamidou at this point in HS. Y’all agree?

Reaction Score
images

F5. F5. F5.

Reaction Score

I said as soon as he unofficially visited that he'd be my favorite get this year fwiw

pj

Reaction Score
I said as soon as he unofficially visited that he'd be my favorite get this year fwiw

He certainly fills the team's biggest need - a scorer to replace Jalen. His commitment alone will enable Hurley to keep the on-court performance going into 2018-19. If we can add more top talent alongside him, the college bball world will know that UConn's back.

Reaction Score
Ran into Josh Pastner today at Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Kiesha Lance Bottoms International Airport.

Bouknight to UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom