WHat a difference 24 hours make! | The Boneyard

WHat a difference 24 hours make!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
24 hours ago I was thinking that the future of our athletic department was in question and we were destined to have UMass as our conference rival. 24 hours later, and we are debating whether we are better off in the ACC or the Big Ten.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
24 hours ago I was thinking that the future of our athletic department was in question and we were destined to have UMass as our conference rival. 24 hours later, and we are debating whether we are better off in the ACC or the Big Ten.
Of course that is different then actually having invites to both.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Me too. I think the main thing for me is Texas. Texas to ACC or Big 10 kills UConn, and likely forces us into a terrible conglomeration with the Big 12 leftovers.

However, with TX likely (and hopefully) going to the Pac 12 and taking 3 programs with them, the UConn-RU combination is suddenly the most desirable and realistic option for both the Big 10 and the ACC (I say realistic because who knows what ND does here).

All of a sudden, we have options and a negotiation position. And I don't buy that we are "lobbying" the ACC. They want us there, and "aggressively pursuing" means we're working out the details and talking $$.

Reaction Score
Me too. I think the main thing for me is Texas. Texas to ACC or Big 10 kills UConn, and likely forces us into a terrible conglomeration with the Big 12 leftovers.

However, with TX likely (and hopefully) going to the Pac 12 and taking 3 programs with them, the UConn-RU combination is suddenly the most desirable and realistic option for both the Big 10 and the ACC (I say realistic because who knows what ND does here).

All of a sudden, we have options and a negotiation position. And I don't buy that we are "lobbying" the ACC. They want us there, and "aggressively pursuing" means we're working out the details and talking $$.

For Swofford to even mention 16 that openly suggests he's in talks.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
For Swofford to even mention 16 that openly suggests he's in talks.
Due to the potential litigation, the word on the street will always be that team x expressed interest in conference y. The ACC obviously took notes during the TAMU fiasco. If the ACC or BIG ever publicly expressed interest in UConn/RU, that's ammo for the "you conspired to destroy the BE" argument.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of work yet to be done to get UConn to the ACC. The big ten isnt happening, lets jope we get the ACC deal done.

Reaction Score
If I was the B1G and knowing ND will never come, do I count on Penn State as my only presence in the NE market? I don't know... train is leaving the station soon. Swofford was brilliant with taking away the two obvious choices, does Delaney get desperate and go for Rutgers and UConn? That'd only make it 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom