What a bunch of Whitney little sallies tonight | The Boneyard

What a bunch of Whitney little sallies tonight

Reaction Score
Uconn will come back and win tonight. Mark it down. It will be very ugly.

you can not undo the poop show create by Diaco overnight. The core of this team while great kids are not G5 quality and maybe not even DII quality. Not their fault they are playing in games with better talented athletes. It is a certain coaches fault for recruiting them.

Edsall is already quantum steps ahead in recruiting. It will get better..

But the rest of the season is going to be long. 2019. That is the season Uconn bEcomes atop half of the AAC discussion.

Reaction Score
This is where we're at. The OL still has holes and a new QB is working in a new system. And the coaches are still criminally negligent regarding our tight ends. I hoped that would change but sadly they haven't learned.

Reaction Score
Uconn will come back and win tonight. Mark it down. It will be very ugly.

you can not undo the poop show create by Diaco overnight. The core of this team while great kids are not G5 quality and maybe not even DII quality. Not their fault they are playing in games with better talented athletes. It is a certain coaches fault for recruiting them.

Edsall is already quantum steps ahead in recruiting. It will get better..

But the rest of the season is going to be long. 2019. That is the season Uconn bEcomes atop half of the AAC discussion.

not if they keep fumbling

Reaction Score
I am not a RE 2.0 apostle. He achieved a lot here and Was looking for a last job before retirement. Not my first choice ( Joe Moorehead was my guy). But he is the coach and he knows how to recruit D1, P5 athletes. He can identify players. But, until he has a roster with qualified players, this is what you will get. Ugly, ugly football. Not the players fault for accepting the only D1 offers they received from Diaco.

This Maine again tonight.

Reaction Score
In other words, if you fall into a coma and don't wake up for a year and a half you won't miss anything.

I'm working on the coma, but its not natural, more self medicated. Luckily, i've been there before over the past few years.

Reaction Score
I think most if not All of us think the program will improve...but for now we still suck big time. Offensive line is still horrible. Holy Cross was 4-7 in the Patriot League last year! We are allowed to be disappointed about 6 and soon to be 7 years of sucking

Reaction Score
I am not a RE 2.0 apostle. He achieved a lot here and Was looking for a last job before retirement. Not my first choice ( Joe Moorehead was my guy). But he is the coach and he knows how to recruit D1, P5 athletes. He can identify players. But, until he has a roster with qualified players, this is what you will get. Ugly, ugly football. Not the players fault for accepting the only D1 offers they received from Diaco.

This Maine again tonight.

they havent fumbled again. yet.

Reaction Score
I fully agree with the thread's title. The speed at which, on opening day, the crowd turned negative was breathtaking.

Yes, I know we've sucked for 6 years. I've had to live through it as much as you have. But can we please give the new staff time to achieve without being miserable for the past? Or are we going to drive more people away by taking the fun out of the stadium.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Apologista for v1.0 and once again for v2.0

Obviously the first half didn't go as plan execution wise ( ;) ) but I thought the offense looked organized and crisp at least getting into formation for the up tempo offense.

Losing Folly hurt and then Joseph as well, but not surrendering any points in the 2nd half and then the injection of energy with Shirreffs was encouraging.

Look at 20-7 in the 3rd, I'm thinking to myself, we just lost to Holy Cross at home to open the season, but the comeback, even given the opponent was impressive.

This is going to be a tough season and likely tough next year as well.

Edsall, Lashlee and Crocker are proven winners.

Give them time.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
There are still tons of problems to be corrected. But Ohio State also had problems last night, too. I expect OSU fans are screaming for Meyer's head too.

We scored 4 touchdowns and went for a 4th down deep in HC territory that failed. Last year we averaged 14 points. Last night we scored 28 and could have scored more. The only two touchdowns HC got was the result of two fumbles deep in our territory. That game could have gone everywhere from winning 35 - 3 to losing 27-7. That's how first games are. I still think 4 wins are likely; 6 possible. But it's early; let's cut them some slack. The one's who learned the most last night were the coaches who can now concentrate their time on the most critical problems. Just hope they can pull one win out of the next three games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom