What’s on your Turkey Day menu? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What’s on your Turkey Day menu?

Reaction Score
We’re having a variety of Homemade pasta’s it’s ode to Nonni ( my late mom and the best cook ever ) day .
Cache de Pepe and my favorite Carbonara .sauce hopefully.
My daughter , son-in-law , their sons are excellent cooks .If I don’t get back to AZ soon I’ll need a bigger size .
I‘m being spoiled in CT.
Friday is actual Turkey
day as it’s the only day we could get everyone together.
A Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream pie from Rich’s farm is the highlight I’m waiting for. My final act of gluttony before I leave the state .

Reaction Score
Bread Service
Burrata, charred asparagus, Meyer lemon vinaigrette, cured egg yolk
Duck Leg Confit, lentils, chicory, seasonal mushrooms
Riz au Lait, rice pudding, toasted hazelnuts

Reservations for Casanova in Carmel by the Sea
Used to be one of the best but I'm reading reviews that are making me hesitant.
Not at all Thanksgiving fare, but sounds great nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Bread Service
Burrata, charred asparagus, Meyer lemon vinaigrette, cured egg yolk
Duck Leg Confit, lentils, chicory, seasonal mushrooms
Riz au Lait, rice pudding, toasted hazelnuts

Reservations for Casanova in Carmel by the Sea
Used to be one of the best but I'm reading reviews that are making me hesitant.
It will be far better than all the Thanksgiving cr@p everyone else is eating.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
It will be far better than all the Thanksgiving cr@p everyone else is eating.
We're a childless couple with no family nearby, so holidays are what they are, a respite from work (ha!). OTOH, Christmas is an ordeal as the frau is Italian and we're expected to visit her mother over those holidays.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We're a childless couple with no family nearby, so holidays are what they are, a respite from work (ha!). OTOH, Christmas is an ordeal as the frau is Italian and we're expected to visit her mother over those holidays.
enjoy, brother!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hosting for 5th year in a row. Family is shrinking. Down to 7 of us.

Seasoned turkey.

Apps

Pumpkin chili for guests to enjoy while things come together.

Creamed corn casserole.
Sinful mashed potatoes
Cousin brings stuffing
Cousin brings a yam/marshmallow thing.

Brews from Tox Brewing, Timber Ales and Myrcene Brewing

Wine and spirits

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Weird situation. We're "hosting" but friends who are no-gluten, no-dairy are bringing the turkey,"gravy" and stuffing. Not sure how we got here. We could have come up with a better plan.

I have no idea what we're supposed to do with the turkey when they get here, since we need the oven to bake stuff and will be hanging out for 2 hours. We have the poison control center on speed dial.

I spent this afternoon making gravy with butcher turkey scraps (turned out really well). And have real gluten-filled stuffing ready to go. Will be making two batches of mashed potatoes - one with an obscene amount of butter and milk, another with zero dairy...not sure yet what that looks like. A lot of EVOO?

Lots of vegetables. No "casserole" type things, given that they would have gluten or dairy (probably both)

I made pumpkin pie, and a gluten free apple pie (which i think is going to be awful). My wife insists on fresh made whipped cream, but we have a can of no-dairy, no- gluten, no-enjoyment whipped substance ready.

They are really good friends, so it will be a joy. The food will be interesting.

Reaction Score
OK, my wife made OMG chocolate mousse cake chilling in fridge, a crazy good thing. It is so good that you really should skip the meal completely so you get maximum enjoyment out of a monster piece of it, but unfortunately it has to be shoehorned in to a zero space stomach.

Reaction Score
Weird situation. We're "hosting" but friends who are no-gluten, no-dairy are bringing the turkey,"gravy" and stuffing. Not sure how we got here. We could have come up with a better plan.

I have no idea what we're supposed to do with the turkey when they get here, since we need the oven to bake stuff and will be hanging out for 2 hours. We have the poison control center on speed dial.

I spent this afternoon making gravy with butcher turkey scraps (turned out really well). And have real gluten-filled stuffing ready to go. Will be making two batches of mashed potatoes - one with an obscene amount of butter and milk, another with zero dairy...not sure yet what that looks like. A lot of EVOO?

Lots of vegetables. No "casserole" type things, given that they would have gluten or dairy (probably both)

I made pumpkin pie, and a gluten free apple pie (which i think is going to be awful). My wife insists on fresh made whipped cream, but we have a can of no-dairy, no- gluten, no-enjoyment whipped substance ready.

They are really good friends, so it will be a joy. The food will be interesting.
Gluten free is not a big deal. DM me if you have questions. My whole meal is GF and you’d never know it for a second.

Reaction Score
Ideal meal: Fig NEWTONs, some White CASTLE, CAMberry sauce, KARABANgers and mash, and DONOVAN baked potatoes.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ideal meal: Fig NEWTONs, some White CASTLE, CAMberry sauce, KARABANgers and mash, and DONOVAN baked potatoes.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Two new additions to the Deepster menu. Lobster Mac and cheese and sweet potato gnocchi in sage/brown butter.

There be enough carbs to put a rhino to sleep.
Had most of the Florida segment of the family up for the Holiday. Except my sister in-law, who was the real reason that her daughter, Son-In-Law, grandsons and their fiancé's made the trip up here. She got sick on Tuesday, and couldn't make the trip, but everybody else made the trip anyway.
Anyway, we had:
Turkey,
20 hour smoked brisket,
lasagna.
Stuffing cooked in the bird,
Stuffing cooked out of the bird.
Corn, peas, kale, several unidentified bowls of vegetables.
Some kind of Portuguese clam and pork casserole.
Apple, pumpkin and mince pies.
Baby cakes.
Bunch of other stuff, but the meal lasted so long, I've forgotten most of it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Brother & SIL in from Danbury. Keeping it simple: Beef tenderloin, horseradish cream, green beans almadine, garlic mashed taters, six bottles of wine.

Reaction Score
OK, this is the post thanksgiving plan. Italian on Black Friday night spaghetti and meatballs, then a complete repeat of Thanksgiving with the leftovers on Saturday. And a new belt on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Half 10 lb turkey brined for 3 days and baked at 350. Sweet Italian sausage stuffing, baked squash, root vegies, homemade cranberry sauce w Grand Manier, sauteed green beens, gravy w beef and turkey drippings, Pricey pinot noir. Pumpkin pie w Hine cognac.

Reaction Score
Any food I don't mind. I will eat almost anything. Not a big fan of pasta, but I'll still eat that. It's the conversation that usually turns my stomach. The parents that used to just talk about their kids accomplishments are now grandparents talking about their grandchildren's accomplishments. Nobody cares. I've learned to keep my mouth shut. It used to get me in trouble. My kids and grandchildren have accomplishments too. But I chose not to bore people with things they don't care about. There was someone bragging that their grandchild was visiting colleges as a sophomore in high school. That's not an accomplishment, the person last in the class can do that. Doesn't mean they're getting accepted.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yesterday was so busy didn't have time to check the board. We are retired and live in a 55+ community. We get together with friends on the holidays. We had 3 couples come over for the day.

Pre-meal: appetizers and drinks on the lanai.
Post meal: dessert and drinks on the lanai.

The Menu for 8:
Appetizers: Deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, crab cakes, crackers & cheese
17 pound bird
Mashed potatoes
Green Bean casserole
Bread stuffing
Gravy!!!
Sweet potato casserole - brought by one couple
Rolls & butter
Cranberry sauce
Colonial Innkeepr pie
Blueberry pie
Apple pie
Red wine - Merlo
White wine - Chardonnay
Bourbon - Horse Soldier

Reaction Score
Yesterday was so busy didn't have time to check the board. We are retired and live in a 55+ community. We get together with friends on the holidays. We had 3 couples come over for the day.

Pre-meal: appetizers and drinks on the lanai.
Post meal: dessert and drinks on the lanai.

The Menu for 8:
Appetizers: Deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, crab cakes, crackers & cheese
17 pound bird
Mashed potatoes
Green Bean casserole
Bread stuffing
Gravy!!!
Sweet potato casserole - brought by one couple
Rolls & butter
Cranberry sauce
Colonial Innkeepr pie
Blueberry pie
Apple pie
Red wine - Merlo
White wine - Chardonnay
Bourbon - Horse Soldier

I never heard of Colonial Innkeeper pie. Had to look it up. Interesting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We nailed the turkey this year. Pretty much just finished it of with turkey tetrazzini last night. I do alright in the kitchen but my partner is an excellent cook. It's weird, i still get a bittersweet feeling when the turkey is done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom