What’s going on at Pitt? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What’s going on at Pitt?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pitt's crash in hoops was the most predictable of all the traitor schools. They had become a perennial Top 20 program but were completely dependent on NYC recruiting, which wasn't a problem in the Big East. Now they are just another generic major program trying to recruit NYC and they are finding out it is really, really hard. Dixon gave it two years before he realized it was impossible to recruit at Pitt without the Big East, and it has been a litany of failure since.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I remember this feeling when we had our rash of the “top 5” transfers
It’s the worst feeling imaginable. You’re looking at a total rebuild ahead.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Strike first, Strike hard, No mercy Sir lol...that’s my attitude towards all the schools who chose to leave the Big East. Traded their soul to chase the money. Now you have weak athletic programs in conferences that used you to kill Big East momentum.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
We didn’t leave the Big East.

Good lord our own fans are forgetting this now?
I can’t take this. Tried to ignore all of you but I never said we left the BE. Simply stared we won in the AAC

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Here's some scuttlebutt gleaned from Pitt insiders...

McGowens, Johnson and Toney all wanted the ball. Capel wanted Champagnie to get the ball. McGowan left, then it was relayed to Capel that Johnson (PG) and Toney (SG) were deliberately not getting Champagnie the ball, which Capel saw for himself while reviewing film.

Johnson's dad apparently fashions himself as a Lavar Ball type, and thinks his son is the star, or should be. Capel didn't agree. Mutual decision that Johnson should leave immediately.

The car that Hugely "stole" was apparently his girlfriend's, but the girl's parents actually owned it and reported it stolen. At some point Hugely put stolen plates on it which complicated matters. There are rumors that a teammate gave him the stolen plates. Capel is undecided as to whether Hugely will be back next season.

Toney missed a game due to concussion protocol. The concussion was apparently due to a fight between him and Champagnie because Toney had sex with Champagnie's girlfriend. After Johnson announced he was leaving, Toney didn't think twice about leaving himself.

There is great concern that Champagnie will bolt as there isn't much of a team left around him, and the beneficiary will be St. John's.

Sounds like a fun place, eh?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

McGowens, Johnson and Toney all wanted the ball. Capel wanted Champagnie to get the ball. McGowan left, then it was relayed to Capel that Johnson (PG) and Toney (SG) were deliberately not getting Champagnie the ball, which Capel saw for himself while reviewing film.

Johnson's dad apparently fashions himself as a Lavar Ball type, and thinks his son is the star, or should be. Capel didn't agree. Mutual decision that Johnson should leave immediately.

The car that Hugely "stole" was apparently his girlfriend's, but the girl's parents actually owned it and reported it stolen. At some point Hugely put stolen plates on it which complicated matters. There are rumors that a teammate gave him the stolen plates. Capel is undecided as to whether Hugely will be back next season.

Toney missed a game due to concussion protocol. The concussion was apparently due to a fight between him and Champagnie because Toney had sex with Champagnie's girlfriend. After Johnson announced he was leaving, Toney didn't think twice about leaving himself.

There is great concern that Champagnie will bolt as there isn't much of a team left around him, and the beneficiary will be St. John's.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Reaction Score

This sounds like the plot to blue chips 2. Not a good look for capel

Reaction Score

Remember when all those Pitt fans were convinced Hurley was going there because Pitt was such a better opportunity?

chappelle show lol GIF

Reaction Score

This makes me think Justin is headed to St John’s. I haven’t seen him play at all but watched a lot of Julian and love his game. Awesome scoop @storrsroars , love the salacious details

Would be awesome for St. John's but I'm convinced Julian is heading to the NBA after this year. Should be a 2nd rounder and I don't know if more time at St. John's will increase his stock.

If that were the case, I can see Justin following suit too.

My prediction: the twins go pro.

Reaction Score
Would be awesome for St. John's but I'm convinced Julian is heading to the NBA after this year. Should be a 2nd rounder and I don't know if more time at St. John's will increase his stock.

Yeah, that’s what that second quote makes it sound like.

Reaction Score

The definition of dysfunctional

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Maybe a team will draft one and give the other a two-way or something. The Martin twins from NC State/Nevada are playing together in Charlotte. I probably took the “need him by my side” too literally

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Next week, on As the World Turns...

Reaction Score
I don't know what's going on over there but Pitt is in the Big East footprint and the B1G footprint. Basketball had become a Big East force. Football was always second fiddle to Penn State and has been a .500 team but at least it had the Backyard Brawl. They will likely enjoy many years of well paid mediocrity.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
St. Johns plays a fun style and should do well in recruiting under Anderson.
Totally agree, that program is in great hands. Getting St John’s and GTown back to national relevance is huge for the conference

Reaction Score
I can’t take this. Tried to ignore all of you but I never said we left the BE. Simply stared we won in the AAC
If you are already ignoring everyone here and you just stared posting- maybe the BY is not the place for you.

Reaction Score
If you are already ignoring everyone here and you just stared posting- maybe the BY is not the place for you.
Unless you have two names I don’t think you said anything in this thread

Reaction Score
Refresher course:
At least 17 teams left the Big East between 2004-2013. Leaving was a huge plus for just one program: Nova.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom