Whaley | The Boneyard

Whaley

Reaction Score
Bouk and CV will get the accolades. But one could argue that Isiah Whaley is the MVP of this team. Where would we be without him now? Basically without a front court. Who would have thought? There were people on this board, myself included at times, that wanted him out, felt like we were wasting a scholarship. I give this guy all the credit in the world. This is how hard work, dedication, and commitment pay off. He is a great role model for incoming recruits and a great representative of UCONN basketball.

Reaction Score
His numbers won't do justice to how he played today. He was really good again. This isn't fluke stuff anymore, we have a legit power forward.

Can't remember ever being this wrong on a kid. I used to not think he was good enough for this level now I think we have our power forward for next year and am totally comfortable with it. I love being wrong.

Reaction Score
His numbers won't do justice to how he played today. He was really good again. This isn't fluke stuff anymore, we have a legit power forward.

Can't remember ever being this wrong on a kid. I used to not think he was good enough for this level now I think we have our power forward next year and am totally comfortable with it. I love being wrong.
To be fair, most of us were wrong on Whaley.

Reaction Score
He is truly a Junk Yard Dog. I'm not sure I ever witnessed a transformation like I've seen in Whaley. He plays with such a motor but always under control. Next year he's coming back with an expanded offensive game.

Reaction Score

Can't remember ever being this wrong on a kid. I used to not think he was good enough for this level now I think we have our power forward next year and am totally comfortable with it. I love being wrong.

I think he plays the 5 again. We need a 4 who can shoot. *cough Bruner *cough

Reaction Score

Can't remember ever being this wrong on a kid. I used to not think he was good enough for this level now I think we have our power forward for next year and am totally comfortable with it. I love being wrong.
True but after that aac tourney game last year where he blew up, some of us were asking why he didn’t play more last year over Cobb. Oh btw, Whalley also had 5 blocks today !!!!

Reaction Score
To be fair, most of us were wrong on Whaley.
I feel bad about being so wrong on him then I re-read Hurley's quotes from their end of season interview and realize nobody saw this coming

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Supercharged effort for Whaley tonight. He was all over the place on defense and it is reflected in the stats - 4 blocks, 2 steals. He ate that USF Euro's lunch a few times
If I am not mistaken, that Euro kid Josh's lunch and dinner last game.

Reaction Score
I think he plays the 5 again. We need a 4 who can shoot. *cough Bruner *cough
What are you hearing on him? If we add Bruner or Sanogo we're in business for next season.

Reaction Score
What are you hearing on him? If we add Bruner or Sanogo we're in business for next season.

We won't hear until April since he's still playing. I've mentioned to a couple guys that I know guys that think he may want to stay in CT for ball. But nothing substantial

Reaction Score
He is truly a Junk Yard Dog. I'm not sure I ever witnessed a transformation like I've seen in Whaley. He plays with such a motor but always under control. Next year he's coming back with an expanded offensive game.

Spot on. High motor, but when he gets the ball near the rim he doesn't panic. He finishes. And his hedges are obviously almost legendary now, but the key is that he's so functionally mobile and under control.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jackson can guard the 4 in the NBE. Not every night, but most. He defends the poat in hs in their zone all the time
I think this my ideal lineup. Cole-Gaffney-Bouk-Jackson/Sid-Whaley gives us a great versatility. We can adjust for bigger teams in game if necessary, but they may need to adjust to our spacing and athleticism. Either way im excited.

Reaction Score
He’s still playing right now, he hasn’t hit the transfer portal or anything. That’ll happen after the season, that’s when we’ll hear what’s really going on with him. Some have speculated he’ll test the professional waters. Either way, it’s someone that makes a lot of sense, just that type of player. I’ve been saying it for weeks, and specifically with him. Add an in state kid who has positional flexibility, can score, rebound, and defend: it would make a lot of sense for the staff to add someone like that. He’ll be 23 by conference play next year, he’s a man. This team could use experienced players ready to contribute, he or someone like him.

Reaction Score

Being at the game today made me even more impressed with Whaley. Dudes motor is in high gear and never stops. Watching on TV doesn’t do it justice. So many positive plays that don’t end up in the stat sheet. He’s a joy to watch and root for!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom