Whaley | The Boneyard

Whaley

Reaction Score
Wish we coulda found a way to win it...effort seems kinda bittersweet with the loss.

I like our chances to go 4-1 or better down the stretch with him playing like this and everyone else continuing to make progress.

Reaction Score
Whaley just needed to have his feet on the court with more playing time. Without him I'm not sure we would have won another game after Polley went down. Carlton may have lost his starting spot next year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Love eating crow on this one. He was an absolute beast tonight. 18/14/3, played 20 minutes or so with 4 fouls, showed great hands in the lane and great touch/finishing. He has made major contributions in all these games with the increased workload.
He's the heady player on a team not known for headiness. Earlier in the game he bailed out poor shots and sloppy passes. It really hurt when he went out. I wish his mid-range shot had gone in. I don't begrudge the attempt.

Reaction Score
It's so nice to see a player make big developmental strides in this program again. We didn't see this under KO. Kudos to Whaley for working his tail off and kudos Hurley & Co for doing their part.

I'm impressed at Whaley's passing ability in traffic. A lot of bigs get flustered but he stays composed when guards are swarming him and usually makes the right pass.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He's the heady player on a team not known for headiness. Earlier in the game he bailed out poor shots and sloppy passes. It really hurt when he went out. I wish his mid-range shot had gone in. I don't begrudge the attempt.
His jumper has good form, so I think if he shoots it with confidence he’ll make them more consistently. He does have a knack for offensive rebounds and a soft touch on layups.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Fouls #3 and 4 were absolute BS calls. Zebras cost us the game. We didn't help our cause with careless turnovers and a terrible foul a terrible time by Adams though.

Reaction Score
Fouls #3 and 4 were absolute BS calls. Zebras cost us the game. We didn't help our cause with careless turnovers and a terrible foul a terrible time by Adams though.
Yes. Yes. Yes. And they stopped runs and momentum on both teams the older jacked ref is dreadfully bad. Loves his whistle.

Reaction Score
Too bad Carlton can’t stay on the floor so we can see if Whaley can play PF next year but I’m hopeful

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whalley was great. He’s so much more active than josh. Carlton wud not be starting if akok wasn’t hurt. He deff starts next year. No question. Wish bouk wud pull trigger more in those threes, he hesitates then we have to settle for Gaffney or Badams taking them. Not what we want.

Reaction Score
Love eating crow on this one. He was an absolute beast tonight. 18/14/3, played 20 minutes or so with 4 fouls, showed great hands in the lane and great touch/finishing. He has made major contributions in all these games with the increased workload.

Most Improved Player this year...gotta be in contention for the conference award

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's weird. I don't really agree that the refs caused us the game, but I do agree with everything else you wrote.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if any one else sees it but I can see Whaley turning into senior year Facey. Dependable big PF who can go for 20/10 any night next year after a fairly quiet first 2.5 years.
Would be a great goal. He needs to replicate the hard work he put in last offseason and continue to get stronger. It seems like his frame could easily support another 10-15 lbs of muscle. I could see him being a force in the BE if he can work hard over the Summer and continue his progression.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom