Whaley/Polley/Carlton Watch | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Whaley/Polley/Carlton Watch

Reaction Score
Whaley was liking a slew of posts on Twitter of people saying bye so I don’t think it’s Whaley. Carlton, maybe? Gotta remember springs is in the wings and he’s put his due in to become a relevant player. Polley I think would be very welcomed back and if I were a betting man I’d say it would be him. Also have a feeling one of them might transfer. Carlton maybe. Whaley maybe. Polley closer to home. I think one comes back. Polley is my guess.

I think Carlton is the least likely given his diminished role on the team this year.

Springs is exactly in the position Kentan Facey was in 2015 -- Shonn Miller was recruited over him and took what would have been his minutes, then we didn't see Facey blossom until he was a senior. If Whaley comes back, he'd likely but put in the same spot. The difference is I don't know if he would stay that long given the quickly changing landscape of CBB.

I do think as others have noted it will be a difficult decision for all three given the US should be on solid COVID ground by summer and I'm not so sure it will be where a lot of the overseas leagues are located. It's hard enough to live abroad for a multitude of reasons, but becomes even more unappealing if it also means getting thrown back into COVID.

Reaction Score
Boneyard - “sup Whaley?”

1616690982646.gif

Reaction Score
Hurley said Polley and Whaley need to take some time and see what might be out their in terms of pro options.

We all make grammatical mistakes but it's amazing to me that professional writers make this mistake.
It's twitter. He's typing fast. It's an incredibly easy one to make when trying to go quickly—it's not as if he made it in handwriting, or as if either of us think he doesn't understand the difference.

Reaction Score
The return of DaggerTreyTy is essential. Unfinished business.

Kellan Grady would be a good addition to the team.

Reaction Score
Who plays better defense? Who is a better all around player?

Grady or Lundy since they seem to be similar type of players as to shooting skills?

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’m looking forward to 100% Hurley guys. Polley and Carlton hurt us more than they help us. Whaley is the only one that can have a solid role for us next season. Again, wouldn’t mind if we went 100% Hurley next season as originally planned.
Really
We had one significant win all season and without Carlton it’s a loss
When Bouk went down with us behind on a long road trip and the season on the brink of disaster
Polley Steps up huge
Without their heroics we don’t go anywhere. Coming off ACL not much was expected
Whaley was there all year
For the 8th best recruiting class in the AAC these guys did pretty well

Reaction Score
Whaley has better professional opportunities this year than either
probably G league and if he develops a shot an outside shot at the big time . I can’t see what he gains by coming back.
He is also a year older than Polley or Carlton and potential earning years are finite.
Carlton is transferring closer to home as those European opportunities are not what they were and he hopes that with increased playing time next year his earning potential will increase as things open up. The die is cast for Carlton.
Polley is in a better position at UConn for PT losing Bouk scorers are a premium.
However , I think if he gets a decent opportunity he is gone
But that’s max 50/50 given the world situation.
I think he still has growth in him and another year could put him a better financial situation but that’s a gamble. He could go somewhere else for minutes but much less likely . With Polley more likely it is either pro or stay.
Even money no one comes back but if someone does Polley is the most likely candidate. He.

Reaction Score
Polley has to improve on his Matador approach to D.Love the stroke but he is a liability on D and ball handling in crunch time.

Reaction Score
Whaley has better professional opportunities this year than either
probably G league and if he develops a shot an outside shot at the big time . I can’t see what he gains by coming back.
He is also a year older than Polley or Carlton and potential earning years are finite.
Carlton is transferring closer to home as those European opportunities are not what they were and he hopes that with increased playing time next year his earning potential will increase as things open up. The die is cast for Carlton.
Polley is in a better position at UConn for PT losing Bouk scorers are a premium.
However , I think if he gets a decent opportunity he is gone
But that’s max 50/50 given the world situation.
I think he still has growth in him and another year could put him a better financial situation but that’s a gamble. He could go somewhere else for minutes but much less likely . With Polley more likely it is either pro or stay.
Even money no one comes back but if someone does Polley is the most likely candidate. He.
I agree with you that Polley is the most likely to come back - what he does at his size has such sizzle right now that will turn heads regardless & there is a lot he could add to his game: sizzle + story = drafted late first or 2nd after another year in college.

Whaley is the better player though and what Whaley has to gain is that this year he definitively will not be drafted in the first round and if he comes back it is possible. Especially if he adds volume and consistency to his outside shooting while keeping up his defense. Back-to-back defensive player of the year with a good 3-pt stroke could be a late first round pick. He's looking at a 4-8yr nba career regardless so age doesn't matter as much as it would for a prospect with uppppside.
And I think Whaley helps the team the most by coming back, if Hurley agrees that could make him as likely to return as Polley.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The more time passes with no word on Ty P and Isaiah doesn’t it bode well on their chances of staying the extra year? I would imagine schools will need to know soon of enrollment and professional teams abroad play in the summer.

Reaction Score
The more time passes with no word on Ty P and Isaiah doesn’t it bode well on their chances of staying the extra year? I would imagine schools will need to know soon of enrollment and professional teams abroad play in the summer.
No I'd imagine it's the opposite, if they were coming back they'd let UConn know sooner so we don't recruit a new kid into their spot (and I know they don't use a scholarship, but we're not going with a 15 man rotation)

Reaction Score
You can’t be sure what’s going on. The staff may be telling one or both of them to explore options while they try to get transfers. Maybe they end up back, maybe they don’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom