Whaley needs to shoot more 3's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whaley needs to shoot more 3's

Reaction Score
No. He doesn't. He shoots 41% because he only takes them when he's completely wide open and they won't come out to guard him. It's the right approach.
Yeah....I mean if he's completely wide open and has shown he can hit them occasionally, why not shoot an open shot? A wide open look, is still a good look, obviously it shouldn't be a core part of the offense, but if he demonstrates he can be a threat out there, teams will have to guard him further out on the perimeter, which opens up the offense in so many ways, and if that doesn't work the offense is in the exact same position it is right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah....I mean if he's completely wide open and has shown he can hit them occasionally, why not shoot an open shot? A wide open look, is still a good look, obviously it shouldn't be a core part of the offense, but if he demonstrates he can be a threat out there, teams will have to guard him further out on the perimeter, which opens up the offense in so many ways, and if that doesn't work the offense is in the exact same position it is right now.

I'm just saying that he is doing it effectively now. If he has a guy come out on him, he passes. If they stay off of him and the situation warrants it, he's taking the shot. I think he's doing a good job of making that judgment today. His percentage reflects that. If he shot more, I think he'd shoot more poorly.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Shooting 41% on a small sample size, decent stroke, why not put up a few more? Really adds a new dimension to the offensive side of the ball.
You lost me at "small sample size." He knows his role.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Take them if he is wide open - miss two in the road - pack it in and get closer to the hoop
IW has the range but need to be realistic and look at the big picture - IW shooting the 3 allows one less big to gather the rebound offensively

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
When he is wide open, and they back off most definitely. He squares up and his shot be looking good.
ugh, I completely missed the OP's handle :-(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom