Whaley: "[E]verybody wants to win for each other. That’s something I haven’t felt since I’ve been here, really." | The Boneyard

Whaley: "[E]verybody wants to win for each other. That’s something I haven’t felt since I’ve been here, really."

Curiouser
Reaction Score

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
“The ability to be ruthless for 40 minutes and play every single possession in a really ruthless manner in terms of wanting to really destroy your opponent and break their will at both ends of the court and on the backboard,” Hurley said.

jack-nicholson-nod.gif

Reaction Score
I wonder which particular player he may be subbing?
I jest above, but in seriousness, remember back to last year when Bouknight seemed to be taking forever to come back from injury, getting outside counsel, etc., and some of us questioned how it could be affecting the team, others kind of brushed it off.

This stuff matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it's Matt Garry. Coincidence that this winning streak started when his knee was hurt and he didn't suit up?
Garry was all about “getting his” and getting to the NBA. When he went down he gave other players the chance to step up.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A great moment was Sanogo finding Jackson for a hug after Jackson fed him some great passes down low. Winning for each other indeed.

Yes. Mentioned that in the chat room. Seems like it's been way too long since we've seen that and it used to be a common sight.

Reaction Score
Carlton duh
I'm pretty sure Carlton was his bff. I think there was an article written about them working on in the summer together when they went home even though they were competing for playing time.

I think the quote is more about guys knowing their roles and worrying about winning over playing time. Its a tough balance to achieve.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Carlton was his bff. I think there was an article written about them working on in the summer together when they went home even though they were competing for playing time.

I think the quote is more about guys knowing their roles and worrying about winning over playing time. Its a tough balance to achieve.
That was a joke. He wasn't talking about Carlton.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What Whaley is talking about doesn't happen by accident. A top coach creates an environment where team chemistry can flourish. Many personnel decisions made with the ultimate goal of creating such an environment have been consistently seconded guessed here. But again, Hurley had it right.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Interesting quote by Whaley considering that the chemistry has generally seemed pretty good over the last 2+ years.
What was that? Watching James get doubled while everyone stood around and watched. If you can’t see the difference this year, you’re not watching.

Reaction Score
I wonder which particular player he may be subbing?
Think it's a bit of a reach to assume he is talking about any one player.

Remember, he is in his fifth year, and is speaking about a four year period where most players he has played with have only been there for part of it. It is a curious statement since things appeared OK on the surface, but more likely refers to an overall team cohesiveness that now exists to an extent that it didn't before, rather than a "knock" on any single player.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom