Whaley actually has a nice looking shot from 3 | The Boneyard

Whaley actually has a nice looking shot from 3

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've said throughout the year, Whaley catching and shooting in stride is a shot I like. Whaley catching from 12', gathering his feet, thinking of what to do, and then shooting? Usually an airball.

Reaction Score
I've said throughout the year, Whaley catching and shooting in stride is a shot I like. Whaley catching from 12', gathering his feet, thinking of what to do, and then shooting? Usually an airball.
Yeah Whaley can shoot but sometimes he’s just so open that he panics a little, knowing the other team wants him to shoot and his coach most likely would prefer something else than a jumper.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just brainstorming comparisons here.....cause why not...

Whaley vs kentan facey.

Who ya got?

It's a good comparison. Overall Whaley is better rebounder and shot blocker, Facey was a bit more consistent on offense. Both of them would have crushed it their final season if they had redshirted.

Reaction Score
Yeah Whaley can shoot but sometimes he’s just so open that he panics a little, knowing the other team wants him to shoot and his coach most likely would prefer something else than a jumper.
i actually think the coaching staff wants him to shoot more! hurley has said that they literally have to beg him to shoot threes.

that being said, the transition shot he took was a little much, haha...

Reaction Score
Probably won’t happen, but I’d love to see Whaley come back next year.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
When Whaley shoots I cringe. He is a terrible shooter. Unless it’s from 5 feet or in, I don’t want him shooting. SH scouted him well - basically gave him every jumper.

Reaction Score
When Whaley shoots I cringe. He is a terrible shooter. Unless it’s from 5 feet or in, I don’t want him shooting. SH scouted him well - basically gave him every jumper.
shooting 38.5% from three on an attempt per game. i actually think he is better at shooting threes than those "popper" jump shots that we all know and love.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
They don't call him poppers for nothing.

He's not our first, second, or even third option. But if the shot clock is winding down and he's open, I'm all for him taking the shot.

Whaley hitting the occasional j keeps the defense honest so they can't sag off and double our guards when Whaley is setting screens near the perimeter.

Any points Whaley scores should be a bonus, because he's so important to everything else we do as a team. Defensively, he's ridiculously good at hedging, recovering, and timing his jump for blocks. He shut down Mamu on nearly every drive tonight.

Great game, poppers!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's really not a bad shooter when he's open. He's usually pretty money with the open mid range and he's shooting 38% from 3 on the year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
3 seasons ago, absolutely yes.
2 seasons ago, he was stripped of the opportunity to make me cringe.
Last year, not the case at all, as he emerged into leadership and overall reliability that included effective shooting.
This seasons, some questions related to role changes and overall disruptions throughout the team and the season.
Last night? If he continues like this (and he was pretty regular at this time of year in 2020), I'd be very happy and cringe-free.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom