WFAN coverage? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WFAN coverage?

Reaction Score
Francesa had a great relationship with Calhoun & he highly respected the work Calhoun did for the program- constantly saying it’s the best job any coach has ever done considering the past history, financial, location, etc.

Considering this team should be ranked #1 come Monday- UConn should be given a few hours on the WFAN for the week, but the reality of that is not likely- would love to see Huskies get the cred they deserve- what a start & what a dominance- the games aren’t even close- believe they’ve covered every game so far as well- that in its own right is something to talk about nowadays.
Exactly , they should have hurley on for a little while this week- what else do they have to cover ? we all knew the Giants we’re going to fold by now -that record was a farce. Knicks are trash and it’s off-season talk for the Yankees after the judge signing. Uconn will get the rightful publicity they deserve once football ends in February and it really becomes college basketball time. Now let me get back to watching red zone while we finish putting up Christmas lights lol.

Reaction Score
I don’t listen to the fan much anymore. Other than the afternoon show half the time they are not even discussing sports.

Reaction Score
Jerry Recco covers them on the Boomer & Gio morning show

Reaction Score
I will say this. I heard Francessa say, many times forward from 'ship #2, that if he had 1 college coach to figure a close out and win for a big time game, it was Jim.

Can't and won't argue.

Reaction Score
Dan Patrick on Peacock
I like DP and the Danettes. He is a big UConn fan and n4nuthin, may have the best house in all Milford.

Plus, this proves he has an audience of at least 2 on Peacock. Quitting his NFL gig surprised me, Clearly has bank.

Reaction Score
I believe Russo’s kid is a part of the UConn basketball program in some manner.
Correct. Tim Russo is a grad student manager and has been for about 18 months. I believe he played college basketball at D2 Univ of Tampa.

Reaction Score
Have listened to the FAN for years. Don't hear any UCONN any more. Maybe with this team the old MOJO will come back.
Enjoy the ESPN with Dibble in the afternoons. Great show as moderators are are current with UConn.

Reaction Score
Correct. Tim Russo is a grad student manager and has been for about 18 months. I believe he played college basketball at D2 Univ of Tampa.
Russo's kid Timmy was a student manager at Tampa. He never played college ball. Dad sure hooked him up at the right time with UConn.

Reaction Score
I’m a wfan daily listener. Best they can do at this point is a jerry Rico upcoming game or score update after that this team does not exist on the station. Hope this changes. I called in to the sports pope a year prior to final 4 run with price team. He hung up on me and said UConn fans are unrealistic. I was a year off put saw the potential. At least he took a UConn call. Don’t think that would happen as of now.
When I listen they rarely if ever talk college sports. If you listen to Carton & Roberts they rarely talk sports. I turn to Dibble on ESPN radio. He talks Uconn and national sports.

Reaction Score
Prior to 3/29/99, Fatcesa had utter disregard for the program. On 3/30/99, he got out the kneepads for Jimmy C, as he should have. Listen to the interview sometime if you can find it on the interweb. Fatso is still a two-faced loser, and Froot Loops isn't much better, despite being a Connecticut resident. Good thing Orlovsky keeps Greenberg in line...

This probably belong in the "Ridiculously Addictive YouTube clips" thread, but I'll post it here, its FANtastic

Wow, talk about comedy gold. The first couple of minutes made me feel like I'd stepped into a time machine. Fantastic impression of Francesa, and that guy must have worked on it a TON because he nails oodles of Francesa's speech idiosyncrasies I'd forgotten about, not to mention the misguided know-it-all-ism he often defaulted to (not to mention the name-dropping). Even the callers and caller dynamics are spot-on. It's funny how much we all used to listen to Mike and the Mad Dog, and the love-hate relationship so many folks had with them. (And now I'm flashing back to early Boneyard message board barb-slinging with UMass fans, back when they had a leg to stand on because of Camby and we were still stuck on the Elite Eight.)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Now that podcasts are so prevalent I don't listen to the FAN anymore. Why bother when I can listen to something that's timely (usually recorded within 24 hours of me downloading and listening), catered exactly to what I want to listen to (I can download a UConn podcast that talks only about them in detail compared to hoping there's some talk on the radio) and in a setting where I can skip ads, all for free?

Reaction Score
Yeah I just don't think there is the base in NYC metro to have huge segments on college basketball or UConn. St John's barely gets talked about. I know we want them but the majority of wfan is spending 23 hours contemplating where Aaron judge is going or about how the Knicks/nets suck or what Yankees/Mets are doing in off-season and giants/jets talk. There's just very minimal college bball talk other than score updates. I do remember Tobias Harris calling into Francesca's show once. Francesca did talk college bball a little but don't think anyone on air now would be knowledgeable or care about CBB.

A lot of our fanbase watches way more CBB than any of those guys. Best bet is like others said about podcasts like Rob's or the not a dime back stuff. Plenty of CBB content there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They don’t really talk CBB, unless it’s Rutgers or St Johns.

Francessa had a professional relationship with Calhoun….so JC got a good amount of airtime when he had a great team.

Unless it’s March, you’re not going to hear much at all from them on CBB in general.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I like DP and the Danettes. He is a big UConn fan and n4nuthin, may have the best house in all Milford.

Plus, this proves he has an audience of at least 2 on Peacock. Quitting his NFL gig surprised me, Clearly has bank.

Dan Patrick cant afford Southport?

Reaction Score
Have listened to the FAN for years. Don't hear any UCONN any more. Maybe with this team the old MOJO will come back.
Enjoy the ESPN with Dibble in the afternoons. Great show as moderators are are current with UConn.
I came in here just to ask about the Dibble show. Do they talk much UConn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom