We've played poorly but... | The Boneyard

We've played poorly but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I expect and Ohio St esq performance against Houston. I'm not confident with long term win streaks for this team but I think they'll respond against Houston. I haven't given up on this team yet. I think we are a d ham turning the corner and a brimah return from figuring this thing out. Of d ham doesn't play like a d2 player these last 4 games we are easily 13-3 with a completely diff outlook on this season. Get off the ledge and let's get back behind this team. They need us now more than ever

Reaction Score
How far have we fallen that we need to worry about beating Houston to save our season...
I don't think we've "fallen" per se. We are struggling like every other team in college basketball this year. Except maybe Oklahoma and North Carolina. And they aren't world beaters. Every team in the country except SMU has a at least one wtf loss. This is a down year in college basketball. On our best nite I still believe we can compete with anyone in the country

Reaction Score
I expect and Ohio St esq performance against Houston. I'm not confident with long term win streaks for this team but I think they'll respond against Houston. I haven't given up on this team yet. I think we are a d ham turning the corner and a brimah return from figuring this thing out. Of d ham doesn't play like a d2 player these last 4 games we are easily 13-3 with a completely diff outlook on this season. Get off the ledge and let's get back behind this team. They need us now more than ever
I hope you don't mean "Ohio State esq" as the way Ohio State played against Maryland today

Reaction Score
I hope you don't mean "Ohio State esq" as the way Ohio State played against Maryland today
No. Lol. I hope not. I'm talking about the energy we came out with against Ohio St. We played with a lot of passion and will in the game. They played as if their backs were against the wall. That's what I expect

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No. Lol. I hope not. I'm talking about the energy we came out with against Ohio St. We played with a lot of passion and will in the game. They played as if their backs were against the wall. That's what I expect
Their backs have been against the wall almost every game and how have they responded? What gives you hope the Houston game will be different? It's more likely that Houston smells blood from a weakened opponent and will attack from the opening whistle.

Reaction Score
Their backs have been against the wall almost every game and how have they responded? What gives you hope the Houston game will be different? It's more likely that Houston smells blood from a weakened opponent and will attack from the opening whistle.
Their tournament hopes have not really been in danger until now. And I have no tangible proof that they will it's just a hunch

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"This is your captain speaking....I know we've had a rough trip so far and we're still dealing with this iceberg issue, but rest assured, all of us here aboard the Titanic are dedicated to making sure the rest of your cruise is as enjoyable as possible!"

Reaction Score
"This is your captain speaking....I know we've had a rough trip so far and we're still dealing with this iceberg issue, but rest assured, all of us here aboard the Titanic are dedicated to making sure the rest of your cruise is as enjoyable as possible!"
Lol. That was funny. I understand the negativity. And I also thought Wed be Tulsa and we see how that turned out. But I feel like we've played the worst we play and sit at 11-5. We've won 11 games purely off of talent. I believe that something is gonna click and we'll right the ship(pun intended). I still see sweet 16 and elite 8 potential on this tema. Especially with the way the rest of college basketball looks. Of were playing to half of are potential who out there really scares you?

Reaction Score
I don't think we've "fallen" per se. We are struggling like every other team in college basketball this year. Except maybe Oklahoma and North Carolina. And they aren't world beaters. Every team in the country except SMU has a at least one wtf loss. This is a down year in college basketball. On our best nite I still believe we can compete with anyone in the country
False!

Reaction Score
While I remain eternally optimistic, I must admit that, for the first time in ~35 years of rooting for UC, I find myself seeking alternatives on game day to avoid participating in the on-the-scene melt-down.

The team needs a raspberry colonic - in the min.

Reaction Score
rotflao

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
AntG168 said:
Lol. That was funny. I understand the negativity. And I also thought Wed be Tulsa and we see how that turned out. But I feel like we've played the worst we play and sit at 11-5. We've won 11 games purely off of talent. I believe that something is gonna click and we'll right the ship(pun intended). I still see sweet 16 and elite 8 potential on this tema. Especially with the way the rest of college basketball looks. Of were playing to half of are potential who out there really scares you?

Other teams don't scare me. WE scare me.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
this UConn team doesn't lose because the other team is better
They lose because they beat themselves with lethargy and gutless performances
When will pride sneak back into the program this year?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
LOL, the comments are killers. I am laughing and I know it's not funny. It's good to keep a little humor over what's happening. I am hoping Houston takes us lightly. I am sure they watched film against Tulsa. Rated PG. It could be. Did our guys figure that if they win this road trip it would of been 4 in a row.3 in conference. Last years road games were hideous. Seems like they never got off the plane. Win tomorrow and still not a bad road record.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
this UConn team doesn't lose because the other team is better
They lose because they beat themselves with lethargy and gutless performances
When will pride sneak back into the program this year?
It seems when they are up 10, they get into this shoot the three with a full shot clock. Miss a chippy here and there. A couple of fouls and before you know it, within 3 minutes, they are down 2. Seems like every game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
God bless the OP's soul, peace be with you

Reaction Score
Name one great or even very good team this year. There are none. Everyone can beat everyone
Comparing us to every other team in the country with struggles is not a good comparison. We are just not playing smart. The losses that we have to our conference opponents are not good considering only SMU has an RPI out side of the 100's. We really cant aford more then 2-3 more losses. And if that happens that should only be to SMU and Cincy.

Reaction Score
We're playing @Houston... That is our house of pain for some ungodly reason. Zero confidence from Fartman

Reaction Score
Houston is much more talented this year...we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!
I would never say that we are doomed being that we are capable of producing. We just never know which team will show and if they do show, how long will they play. I do agree that Houston is much more talented but they are also much better coach. And they are playing with much confidence.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I wasn't able to watch the game, followed along on my phone for a bit then listened to the last 10 minutes or so in the car coming home. I just watched the game...there is one reason we lost; our two best players couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Sure, the last 8 minutes were ugly, and this team definitely has to get mentally tougher, which I put on the coach, but my god people, did you expect to win a game where Daniel Hamilton and Rodney Purvis combined to shoot 3-21? Three. for. Twenty-one. How were we even in this game?

We may miss the tournament when it's all said and done, and I'm not saying we're great, but up until the last five minutes I think the game was going pretty well. Great defense, and despite Purvis and Hamilton missing everything, we had a six point lead on the road against a solid Tulsa team. The rest is ugly, but the season is NOT over.

Reaction Score
Is it bad that part of me wants Purvis and Hamilton to continue to struggle so they'll both stay for next year? How nasty our team would be with both of them in the lineup next year...DEFINITE title run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom