We've passed the halfway point in the offseason. | The Boneyard

We've passed the halfway point in the offseason.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm getting excited. Pretty soon the college football preview magazines will come out. They'll predict us to finish in 5th place in the East, just slightly ahead of ECU. But our optimism will be unfazed. We'll remind ourselves that anything can happen once the season begins. Our faith in HCRE will be strong.

And then the season kicks off on August 30 ... at our place ... against the defending national champs! National television! Then, before you have a chance to open that second beer, we're down 35-3 at the half. You walk away shaking your head. And you start thinking about how we're going to beat Boise State next week.

I love college football.

For the record, I think we can be competitive against UCF. Winning will be difficult, but I don't think we'll get blown out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The rent will be packed and loud. UCF is coming off it’s high. First loud in-conference game on the road... and of the season. I smell upset.

Reaction Score
The rent will be packed and loud. UCF is coming off it’s high. First loud in-conference game on the road... and of the season. I smell upset.
You think the Rent will be packed? Nah. 20-25K max. It is a sure loss. The Labor Day weekend is about to start. Not gonna pack the place. But I do think that UConn will show some encouraging flashes that the faithful will extrapolate to better results in the future. In the end though, it may not be 60, but it will be in the range of 20-30. Less than that would excite me.

Reaction Score
You think the Rent will be packed? Nah. 20-25K max. It is a sure loss. The Labor Day weekend is about to start. Not gonna pack the place. But I do think that UConn will show some encouraging flashes that the faithful will extrapolate to better results in the future. In the end though, it may not be 60, but it will be in the range of 20-30. Less than that would excite me.

Game was 28-17 end of 3 quarters at their place before their 21 point 4th quarter. Lost by 25. Boy if UCF is better in 2018, wow; if UConn is worse also wow. Meeting at UConn this year should help as well. Losing by a lot (call that more than 3 touchdowns) will be on the coaches. 2017 UCF had some big scores but also of their 13 wins 4 were by 7 points and 1 was by 10 and of these 5 all but one was on the road/neutral.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
First game of the season on the road with a brand new coach and entirely new staff. If you are going to compete with UCF this is likely the most realistic scenario that you could ask for.
So a punchers chance? Well - I don't know if I agree whole heartily, but as a fan I will have to take that position anyway.

Reaction Score

There should be at least 110k to 120k people in attendance. Almost max capacity ;)

Reaction Score
I'm getting excited. Pretty soon the college football preview magazines will come out. They'll predict us to finish in 5th place in the East, just slightly ahead of ECU. But our optimism will be unfazed. We'll remind ourselves that anything can happen once the season begins. Our faith in HCRE will be strong.

And then the season kicks off on August 30 ... at our place ... against the defending national champs! National television! Then, before you have a chance to open that second beer, we're down 35-3 at the half. You walk away shaking your head. And you start thinking about how we're going to beat Boise State next week.

I love college football.

For the record, I think we can be competitive against UCF. Winning will be difficult, but I don't think we'll get blown out.

love the confidence. We will need it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom