We've Been Outrebounded... | The Boneyard

We've Been Outrebounded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Again. This time 28-23 to Maryland Eastern Shore....

U

UCONNfan1

Love the heart of this team, and part of that is we shot the ball well, but I can see us getting crushed by some of the more physical teams in the BE. I still maintain that anything over a .500 record will be a very successful season...

Reaction Score
Meh - the difference was on the offensive glass. We only had 3 (thanks largely to 65 percent shooting), and they had 10.

We had 2/3 of our possible defensive rebounds - maybe a little lower than you'd like against a UMES, but not horrible. Our offensive rebound rate was 1 in 7. Abysmal ratio, but given our shooting percentage, not statistically significant enough to sweat it.

Reaction Score
We are not going to be a good rebounding team this year- in fact we are going to stink. Teams with big fronts courts are going to push us around.
Now that that is settled lets move on to something else. Unless we want to spend the year repeating ourselves over and over again.
This team does my with heart and that (and a lot of made JSs) can make up for losing AO and RS. We are a swarm of hornets- that is going to have to be good enough to keep UCONN pride alive this year.

Reaction Score
We are 320th in the country at rebounding with 30.5 a game. To put that in perspective, University of Maryland-Eastern Shore is currently ranked 314 overall by cbs sports.

Reaction Score
Fordham is pretty strong up front with Chris Gaston and Ryan Canty. We should win comfortably but it will be frustrating on the boards for sure.

Reaction Score
^ ding ding ding we have a winner.

We beat MSU because we shot the ball like we had 2 of the best guards in the country. I know when we get the be BE we have two of the most confident guards- if they play like it- we will win enough games to feel good about this year. That should be the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom