Westport CT Little League Plays Again on Sunday - WABC, 2:00PM | The Boneyard

Westport CT Little League Plays Again on Sunday - WABC, 2:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Against Sammamish, WA, wherever the hell that is. Way to represent The Nutmeg State! (Whatever the hell that is!)

Wait a minute - they're playing 43-man sammamish, not baseball!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Just got back from going through there on a trip to the great NW and can attest that Sam Mamish lives to the east of Seattle center in a place that's a lot like Westport CT except it gets a bit more rain and has some huge mountains rearing up in the near back ground, plus I didn't notice any nutmeg there. I think CT kids can take Sam and his crew, though they look a bit gnarly if that's their present lineup.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hey, in the vein all things baseball. We're sitting in a hotel pub after a long day of denominational meetings when my roommate from Spokane, WA hear the announcement the Charlie Manuel has been replaced by Ryne Sandberg. My roommate goes holy $h-t. The proceeds to tell he and Ryno were born in the same hospital the same week, went to the same church, sang in the junior choir together, were acolytes together, were confirmed together and graduated from high school together. Holy $h-t, indeed, now I have a story for the local coffee crew Monday morning.

Reaction Score
I gotta wonder what's going on in the Little League World Series this year. An amazing THREE US teams are from very tony towns - Westport, Sammamish, and Grosse Pointe.

"CNN Money magazine, in its 2011 review of the best places to live in the United States, ranked Sammamish 15th. Forbes, in its 2012 list of the Friendliest Towns in the United States, ranked Sammamish 1st." - Wikipedia article on Sammamish, WA.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Knew it. Westport was just a little tonier, and their bats didn't have a weird crook in them.

Reaction Score
In watching the games I could do without hearing some of the kids stories. One kid had to pass up a trip to Africa to play (it's a hard knock life), and I'm think I heard that another won an auction to have lunch with Derek Jeter.

Not example the mom and apple pie upbringing.

In any event I think they will have a hard time against Cali, and with a loss there a probable rematch with a Tenn team that I'd dint think they can beat twice.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Hey, in the vein all things baseball. We're sitting in a hotel pub after a long day of denominational meetings when my roommate from Spokane, WA hear the announcement the Charlie Manuel has been replaced by Ryne Sandberg. My roommate goes holy $h-t. The proceeds to tell he and Ryno were born in the same hospital the same week, went to the same church, sang in the junior choir together, were acolytes together, were confirmed together and graduated from high school together. Holy $h-t, indeed, now I have a story for the local coffee crew Monday morning.
Being a lifelong Cub fan, Ryno was one of my two favorite all-time players. Nolan Ryan being the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom