Westbrook waiver denied | The Boneyard

Westbrook waiver denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As per Alexa Philippou twitter.

It will be appealed.

And can one of the mods please correct my spelling.

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
source.gif

Reaction Score
Feel horrible for Evina. Does anyone with insight know if this is surprising given the circumstances or what was expected. Seems a bit arbitrary with so many waivers being granted these days.

Reaction Score
If it's upheld, only thing left to do is go win the whole dang thing and come back next year with Evina and an even better team.

Reaction Score
Feel horrible for Evina. Does anyone with insight know if this is surprising given the circumstances or what was expected. Seems a bit arbitrary with so many waivers being granted these days.

We don't even know what was in the waiver request. Some have guessed that she was being harassed by the fans, while I think it has to do with her knee injury and subsequent treatment by the Tennessee sports medicine dept.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Benedict said Tennessee did not oppose the waiver and he was surprised by the denial.

“I was surprised for many reasons but mostly because the NCAA talks to us about serving the best interest of the student,” Benedict said. "It recognizes that there are situations in which a student shouldn’t have to sit out a year. It tells us what those are and what is required to prove it. And then you provide that – without opposition from the prior school – and you get denied.

"We have to do better. We, as member schools, need to demand that we do better. Thankfully, the process allows for an appeal if necessary. We plan to utilize that process until she’s either appropriately allowed to fully participate or they tell us there’s nothing else that can be done. "

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We don't even know what was in the waiver request. Some have guessed that she was being harassed by the fans, while I think it has to do with her knee injury and subsequent treatment by the Tennessee sports medicine dept.
Based on Geno’s comments on Tennessee not providing accurate information, like, “oh yeah, our fan base is an out of control group who harass and harangue our players and their families” as no school wants to volunteer that. So who wants to go and download all the VolNation threads from the past 2 years as the proof? Head bang

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

Care to elaborate on knee and TN sports medicine? I've never heard of any issues there. Just wondering

Reaction Score
YIKES. This doesn’t make sense. I feel awful. Can only imagine how bad Westbrook must feel. I can’t help but wonder if she went to any other school that she’d be able to play this year.

Reaction Score
That really sucks. I've been checking on this every day for the past month or so.

Have any appeals ever been successful...?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tough break for Westbrook but not a huge surprise..I wonder if she'll stick around 5 years or go the Stevens route and play just 1 year.

Reaction Score
Care to elaborate on knee and TN sports medicine? I've never heard of any issues there. Just wondering

She injured her knee at the end of her freshman season, she reportedly played in pain all last season and then immediately had surgery after transferring to UConn. I could be completely wrong, I am just connecting the dots and speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom