West wing rewatch | The Boneyard

West wing rewatch

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
love the show but the 2nd time through I only notice one thing:

"Yeah"

It's unbearable.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I rewatched it, and really liked it the second time. Probably won't be doing a third any time soon.

Reaction Score
If you get bored with West Wing after multiple viewings, just pick a different Sorkin show/movie. Same lines, different actors, so... yeah.

August_West

Reaction Score
If you get bored with West Wing after multiple viewings, just pick a different Sorkin show/movie. Same lines, different actors, so... yeah.

Yeah

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sorkin has written tens of thousands of pages of dialogue. I am willing to give him a pass on using the same phrasing every now and then.

If you are going to hit Sorkin for anything, it is his sexism. The Donna Moss character in West Wing should have been fired about every 5th episode, but the show was pretty clear that Josh kept her around because he wanted to sleep with her. Maggie Jordan is virtually the same character in Newsroom, with similar results. Every woman in The Social Network except for Zuckerberg's first girlfriend is a bimbo or psycho who is only kept around for sex. Also, while I have not spent much time in Harvard, I have spent enough time around other top tier universities to know that the women at a school like Harvard do not look like they look in that movie.

Charlie Wilson's War gets a bit of a pass because it is a fairly accurate biopic and Wilson was just having fun rather than involved in a more predatory relationship like Sorkin usually has.

Other than the daughter whose role is pretty small, there are no female characters in Moneyball. I was going to say that Steve Jobs is probably the least sexist of any of Sorkin's work, but Jobs is outright verbally abusive to Chrisann, so I can't say that.

August_West

Reaction Score
Sorkin has written tens of thousands of pages of dialogue. I am willing to give him a pass on using the same phrasing every now and then.

If you are going to hit Sorkin for anything, it is his sexism. The Donna Moss character in West Wing should have been fired about every 5th episode, but the show was pretty clear that Josh kept her around because he wanted to sleep with her. Maggie Jordan is virtually the same character in Newsroom, with similar results. Every woman in The Social Network except for Zuckerberg's first girlfriend is a bimbo or psycho who is only kept around for sex. Also, while I have not spent much time in Harvard, I have spent enough time around other top tier universities to know that the women at a school like Harvard do not look like they look in that movie.

Charlie Wilson's War gets a bit of a pass because it is a fairly accurate biopic and Wilson was just having fun rather than involved in a more predatory relationship like Sorkin usually has.

Other than the daughter whose role is pretty small, there are no female characters in Moneyball. I was going to say that Steve Jobs is probably the least sexist of any of Sorkin's work, but Jobs is outright verbally abusive to Chrisann, so I can't say that.

Yeah

Reaction Score

Yeah. In all Sorkin shows/movies people just yell at each other and when they aren't doing that they lecture each other. Sorkin sucks.

Reaction Score

That's solid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom