West Virginia Week - are they sleeping in Morgantown. | The Boneyard

West Virginia Week - are they sleeping in Morgantown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm going to go to bed. That was a kick in the teeth game. Man, am I pissed off. Nothing to do, but go to sleep and get up and get back to work.

I know what I saw from the stands. There are at least two dozen guys on this team, and probably more, that KNOW they could have done more.

I'll look at the game again tomorrow, or the next day, or whenever I get time, and I know that whatever is there, is never as good as it looked, or as bad as it looked.

Football is a complementary game. Offense and defense and kicking all flow and help each other.

We're still waiting for a complete game all around. We've seen what all three aspects can do on their own through the five week crash course in personnel and systems that the 2011 season has been so far.

It's time to put it all together. Because I know, when I get up in te morning, they'll still be sleeping in Morgantown.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go to bed. That was a kick in the teeth game. Man, am I pissed off. Nothing to do, but go to sleep and get up and get back to work.

I know what I saw from the stands. There are at least two dozen guys on this team, and probably more, that KNOW they could have done more.

I'll look at the game again tomorrow, or the next day, or whenever I get time, and I know that whatever is there, is never as good as it looked, or as bad as it looked.

Football is a complementary game. Offense and defense and kicking all flow and help each other.

We're still waiting for a complete game all around. We've seen what all three aspects can do on their own through the five week crash course in personnel and systems that the 2011 season has been so far.

It's time to put it all together. Because I know, when I get up in te morning, they'll still be sleeping in Morgantown.

What makes you think this team is working harder than the other teams they play. Frankly, having blow three 4th quarter leads, what makes you think they're working as hard as their opponents?

Reaction Score
for some reason i feel better about the team after this loss than the previous 2
resigned to the fact this is not a bowl team, i do think you're seeing steady improvement week-to-week as the systems take hold
as good a player as Sio Moore is, his mistakes were costly today
UConn is simply too short on playmakers
however, if i continue to witness games as good as today's the rest of this season, i'll be happy
had no idea RE left the cupboard quite this bare
and why the db's weren't playing press-coverage every down confounds me
and lastly, i'd have sent Yawin & Reyes over center every single play, they couldn't block those 2, UConn should've made more hay w/ that mis-match

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please. WVU is going to blow this team's doors off. If they lose by less than 3 touchdowns it will be a moral victory.

Reaction Score
for some reason i feel better about the team after this loss than the previous 2
resigned to the fact this is not a bowl team, i do think you're seeing steady improvement week-to-week as the systems take hold
as good a player as Sio Moore is, his mistakes were costly today
UConn is simply too short on playmakers
however, if i continue to witness games as good as today's the rest of this season, i'll be happy
had no idea RE left the cupboard quite this bare
and why the db's weren't playing press-coverage every down confounds me
and lastly, i'd have sent Yawin & Reyes over center every single play, they couldn't block those 2, UConn should've made more hay w/ that mis-match

Agree re putting pressure up front where opponent QB needs to release earlier should require closer coverage by CB's; doesn't seem like that is how we do it. Didn't their QB seem to be very, very accurate. There were some nice throws mixed in with the too loose coverage.

Reaction Score
Please. WVU is going to blow this team's doors off. If they lose by less than 3 touchdowns it will be a moral victory.

duh...

interesting that they only had 46,000 in attendance for today's game
not very impressive for a school shopping itself to the SEC

Reaction Score

And definitely a cover.

I am already preparing my replies to "What happened to all the progress we saw" threads.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe our strategy is to give them a false sense of security.

Reaction Score
What makes you think this team is working harder than the other teams they play. Frankly, having blow three 4th quarter leads, what makes you think they're working as hard as their opponents?

Did I say that I think this team is working harder than the other teams they play? I don't think I did. I hope, that they've been working harder than they ever have before, and they have been doing so for several months.

I think I see evidence that they have. I see a team that was in such complete shambles on the offensive side of the ball, that it was really eye opening in many ways, that it ccould be that way, after the runs of success we've had through the past several years since joining the big east.

I just saw a UConn offensive team put up several hundred yards of offense in a game, 31 points, and a QB throw for 4 TDs and zero ints. If you can't see progress and hard work there, I don't know what to say.

I saw a defense, that is capable of carrying a team, but was wholly unprepared for the SPEED of the passing offense we saw yesterday. I talked about this during the week. The ability to get things done on offense at the line of scrimmage when you've got time. That team was walking it up and snapping it with 4 wide within 15 seconds of the play clock. We had linebackers looking around and I believe in one case, actually ran into each other trying to get into coverage. Sio Moore looked really frustrated.

Blame the coaching staff, blame the players, whatever. Fans can blame whoever they want.

Just remember - for the Edsall folks, good old Randy wanted Don Brown. He wanted him to stay, thought it was important..........just saying.

As for the kicking game, If after a huge momentum swinging TD happens again, and we kick the ball out of bounds? That kicker needs to sit. We absolutely cannot continue to repeat mistakes like that.

Blowing fourth quarter leads? REally? Is this something NEW?

We've blown leads in every game we've lost late, yup. We've gone down firing, and we've come back improved as a team each time.

What this team learned yesterday is that they better get their asses in gear on defense against a high speed offense, with a QB that can throw and recognize coverages, or they'll get picked apart.

I guarantee the coach's were begging the players to get going fast on defense during the week. I'm sure the coach's could have done a better job, because the players clearl weren't ready on D.

They'll be ready for Hologorsen's offense @ WVU.

Last thing I"ll say upon reflecting and watching, is that people have complained about the return game.

Nick William's ability to field a punt in the wind, in bad weather, to catch a ball coming down as a knuckleball with no rotation - is invalueable. THat kid is a unique player, and is one of our biggest play makers.

Reaction Score
In the offseason, I wrote about the beginning of this season at length. 5 games, in what 30 days? We've lost players. We had THREE QB's playing with different packages on offense. WE've rotated players like a rotisserie chicken place. Our defense and special teams packages are brand new.

2-3 and this point, nad having built leads late in every game.

I'm happy.

I want to beat WVU though. Need to put all three phases of the game together this week.

Reaction Score
Did I say that I think this team is working harder than the other teams they play? I don't think I did. I hope, that they've been working harder than they ever have before, and they have been doing so for several months.

I think I see evidence that they have. I see a team that was in such complete shambles on the offensive side of the ball, that it was really eye opening in many ways, that it ccould be that way, after the runs of success we've had through the past several years since joining the big east.

I just saw a UConn offensive team put up several hundred yards of offense in a game, 31 points, and a QB throw for 4 TDs and zero ints. If you can't see progress and hard work there, I don't know what to say.

I saw a defense, that is capable of carrying a team, but was wholly unprepared for the SPEED of the passing offense we saw yesterday. I talked about this during the week. The ability to get things done on offense at the line of scrimmage when you've got time. That team was walking it up and snapping it with 4 wide within 15 seconds of the play clock. We had linebackers looking around and I believe in one case, actually ran into each other trying to get into coverage. Sio Moore looked really frustrated.

Blame the coaching staff, blame the players, whatever. Fans can blame whoever they want.

Just remember - for the Edsall folks, good old Randy wanted Don Brown. He wanted him to stay, thought it was important..........just saying.

As for the kicking game, If after a huge momentum swinging TD happens again, and we kick the ball out of bounds? That kicker needs to sit. We absolutely cannot continue to repeat mistakes like that.

Blowing fourth quarter leads? REally? Is this something NEW?

We've blown leads in every game we've lost late, yup. We've gone down firing, and we've come back improved as a team each time.

What this team learned yesterday is that they better get their asses in gear on defense against a high speed offense, with a QB that can throw and recognize coverages, or they'll get picked apart.

I guarantee the coach's were begging the players to get going fast on defense during the week. I'm sure the coach's could have done a better job, because the players clearl weren't ready on D.

They'll be ready for Hologorsen's offense @ WVU.

Last thing I"ll say upon reflecting and watching, is that people have complained about the return game.

Nick William's ability to field a punt in the wind, in bad weather, to catch a ball coming down as a knuckleball with no rotation - is invalueable. THat kid is a unique player, and is one of our biggest play makers.

You asked if they were sleeping in Morgantown. I interpreted it as meaning we could be up and working while they were sleeping. If you meant something else, I misinterpreted (but I have no clue what else the title meant).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom