West Virginia @ Texas (12) - 1/28/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

West Virginia @ Texas (12) - 1/28/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Not to hijack this thread, but it's worth noting that any Texas loss should hurt Tennessee's RPI. Their win over Texas is their only signature victory this year, so if Texas struggles in Big 12 play and proves to be a mediocre team like many of us think they are, Tennessee no longer has that as a big time win.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not to hijack this thread, but it's worth noting that any Texas loss should hurt Tennessee's RPI. Their win over Texas is their only signature victory this year, so if Texas struggles in Big 12 play and proves to be a mediocre team like many of us think they are, Tennessee no longer has that as a big time win.
So you're saying I need to start rooting against Texas! That will certainly make it less painful to watch them.

While it's true that any Texas loss hurts Tennessee's RPI, it doesn't hurt it any more than any loss by a Tennessee opponent. Tennessee's RPI is hurt the same whether it's a loss by Texas or a loss by Florida A&M. But yes, the much bigger damage is in how the committee will value a win over Texas.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So you're saying I need to start rooting against Texas! That will certainly make it less painful to watch them.

While it's true that any Texas loss hurts Tennessee's RPI, it doesn't hurt it any more than any loss by a Tennessee opponent. Tennessee's RPI is hurt the same whether it's a loss by Texas or a loss by Florida A&M. But yes, the much bigger damage is in how the committee will value a win over Texas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the committee frequently looks at records vs. RPI top 25 teams and vs RPI top 50 teams. If Texas continues to slide and is no longer considered a top 25 win which results in Tennessee having 0 wins against the RPI top 25, they might be on the outside looking in.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the committee frequently looks at records vs. RPI top 25 teams and vs RPI top 50 teams. If Texas continues to slide and is no longer considered a top 25 win which results in Tennessee having 0 wins against the RPI top 25, they might be on the outside looking in.
Yes, the lower Texas's RPI falls, the less the committee will value that win for Tennessee. That's separate from whatever minor harm a Texas loss causes to Tennessee's RPI.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"BigBird, post: 3016060, member: 4247"]WVA with no players to spare ... dressed 8; 2 have fouled out.[/QUOTE]

Unranked West Virginia on the road, down to 6 players late in the game, and #12 Texas couldn't put them away. Tsk tsk tsk. SMH. :confused: It looks like upset Sunday carried over to today. :(

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Didn't see any other game threads, so I'll just tack on a quick mention here. Ohio St. outscored Minnesota 40-27 in the 2nd half to take a 65-55 win @ Minn. Gophers fall to 2-7 in conference.

South Carolina was down 2 at halftime to Vandy but pulled away 80-69.

Reaction Score
I still don’t get why top high school players decide to play for Texas. The players are not developing under Kare.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This would be a huge ripple in the SEC if the Commodores could pull this upset and right their ship...see what I did there :p
You get busted in rank to swabby for your unabashed self promotion. You are to allow your fellow posters to point out just how clever you are. You have grounded your ship on the shoals of braggadocio.

Reaction Score
That was a very ugly fourth quarter, but I'll take it. It's a good day to be a Mountaineer!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
You get busted in rank to swabby for your unabashed self promotion. You are to allow your fellow posters to point out just how clever you are. You have grounded your ship on the shoals of braggadocio.

Or you could say the Commodores didn't make it easy, easy like a Sunday morning, and in the end they were not mighty, mighty, just letting it all hang out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mike Carey is a great coach. Texas had the advantage in many ways and still couldn't capitalize.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Or you could say the Commodores didn't make it easy, easy like a Sunday morning, and in the end they were not mighty, mighty, just letting it all hang out.
Like a brick house! And ISWYDT. That is what our friend DefenseBB trampled upon! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom