Wes Durham predicts a Miami-San Diego St. final | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wes Durham predicts a Miami-San Diego St. final

Reaction Score
The ACC basically just hired a guy to find the best way for the conference to be able to lobby the NCAA every year to get more of their teams in.
They've been complaining about not getting enough teams as is which is nuts. Miami is in it, but Duke and Virginia had pretty weak showings.
The tide has turned. I think the BE has surpassed the ACC and climbing up.

Reaction Score
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Reaction Score
So the radio voice of the ACC tournament & the Atlanta Falcons was on the "Dusty & Danny" show on Sirius-XM. He predicts a Miami-San Diego St. final. He says that Miami's big men will be too tough for UConn to deal with. I'll put my faith in Sonogo, Clingan, & Karaban...
UConn is better. If they play to their standard, they're going to win.. regardless of what Miami does. UConn does everything well that you need to win. They defend at an elite level, they REBOUND, they can shoot and they score in the paint. Sanogo didn't even shoot well against Gonzaga but he's a presence and you must account for him. And they don't have any non-scorers on the floor.. since Coach Hurley figured out how to use AJJ more effectively

Reaction Score
UConn is better. If they play to their standard, they're going to win.. regardless of what Miami does. UConn does everything well that you need to win. They defend at an elite level, they REBOUND, they can shoot and they score in the paint. Sanogo didn't even shoot well against Gonzaga but he's a presence and you must account for him. And they don't have any non-scorers on the floor.. since Coach Hurley figured out how to use AJJ more effectively
I think Miamis run to the F4 is very, very overrated. I believe that Uconn will be the first real top level team they will be facing. They beat mid major drake, a 12 loss Indiana team who beat exactly who? They beat Houston who is a good team but lets be real they play in the AAC. Do they only lose 3 games if they were in the big east? And texas while a good team didnt have any true bigs of high quality. Go look at the KP ratings for all those teams. Miami is facing its first big test in the final 4 against us. Im not underestimating them or saying theyre not as good but what i am saying is theyre run isnt as great as people are making out. Its not like theyre run is that much better than ours. If they had run through Marquette, MSU, Kstate and Purdue.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think Miamis run to the F4 is very, very overrated. I believe that Uconn will be the first real top level team they will be facing. They beat mid major drake, a 12 loss Indiana team who beat exactly who? They beat Houston who is a good team but lets be real they play in the AAC. Do they only lose 3 games if they were in the big east? And texas while a good team didnt have any true bigs of high quality. Go look at the KP ratings for all those teams. Miami is facing its first big test in the final 4 against us. Im not underestimating them or saying theyre not as good but what i am saying is theyre run isnt as great as people are making out. Its not like theyre run is that much better than ours. If they had run through Marquette, MSU, Kstate and Purdue.
748499871fc110bb61280d957793ef6a.jpeg

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
As long as Sir Charles picks Miami, we're fine

Reaction Score
We have a great offense but let’s face it the entire thing is our defense and that is what Hurley has gotten them to buy into and that is his calling card. Everything stems from that. And even if they lock our perimeter shooters down or our shooting is off Sanogo and Clingan can score…..I hope.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Houston was #1 in KenPom when Miami played them.

Reaction Score

Disrespect your opponents at your own risk.

Reaction Score
Sasser was hurt for UH, and Disu didn't even play for Texas.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
feel like Clingan will be big to stop Miami's penetrating guards
Not only does UConn have 2nd unit defense fit for a starting 5, they can score too. It's something that UConn has not had for about a decade, let alone before in Hurley's tenure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom