Werth Basketball Facility Plaza Redesign Proposed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Werth Basketball Facility Plaza Redesign Proposed

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Whatever they do , please don’t use the same sculptor that made the Nick Saben statue at Bama.
Or whoever did the Cristiano Ronaldo statue
C R 7 statue.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m generally against spending on atheistic things, but Geno and Jim should’ve had statues in front of Gampel years ago. I could do without spending on the scoreboard and making Werth pretty, but I guess atheistic is important to people.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not the place is 10 years old already. Lots of schools have built state of the art facilities in the last few years. Have to keep up with the competition.

Hard to believe Werth is over 10 years old now. I was able to tour the facility as a reward for raising money and cycling in the Calhoun Ride in October of 2014. Very impressive facility.

Reaction Score
I’m generally against spending on atheistic things, but Geno and Jim should’ve had statues in front of Gampel years ago. I could do without spending on the scoreboard and making Werth pretty, but I guess atheistic is important to people.
Might you mean esthetic?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
At the top of my list for athletic facilities improvements is the replacement of the worthless "student deck" at Toscano.
Whoever designed that thing & approved that design needs to be cast into the sun.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lol. AD department has a structural deficit if $40m and they are going to do a beautifying project in front of an area of campus that few people go to? Put it in the middle of campus.

Better yet, but it towards hoops NIL.

I mean, Jim and Geno statues, while they are alive, is a bit much.

Regardless, all for the gampel improvements. You have to maintain the building.
What is the center of campus has shifted south. It's closer to there than it used to be. The bookstore is basically across from this. As someone who doesn't go back often, I was amazed how much has shifted in that direction. Used to play softball where the new business schools stands across from Gampel. Then that massive rec center (if there's a real example of excessive spending, that's it). I honestly didn't like how crowded that part of campus is now, used to be much more open. Then you have the new baseball field and hockey arena over there, and the updated soccer field.

Poe

Reaction Score
How many coaches have had a statue installed while they’re still coaching. Could Geno be 1 of 1?

Reaction Score
What is the center of campus has shifted south. It's closer to there than it used to be. The bookstore is basically across from this. As someone who doesn't go back often, I was amazed how much has shifted in that direction. Used to play softball where the new business schools stands across from Gampel. Then that massive rec center (if there's a real example of excessive spending, that's it). I honestly didn't like how crowded that part of campus is now, used to be much more open. Then you have the new baseball field and hockey arena over there, and the updated soccer field.
When my daughter was looking at colleges last year, the tour of the rec center was incredible.

Students pay fornut through fees. It is something you have to have these days. We went to Colorsdo-Boulderr, and their rec center was incredible as well.

My niece is at Ohio State,. It is incredible.

Recruiting. Doesn't stop at athletics.

Reaction Score
How many coaches have had a statue installed while they’re still coaching. Could Geno be 1 of 1?
Maybe not a great example to bring up but PennState used to have a statue of a still active (at the time) football coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom