We're on the bubble for the NIT. | The Boneyard

We're on the bubble for the NIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is like when I go to the UConn hockey games and they still play the same rock they did when I went to the whale games
Then I see the all the younger folk in the building and I'm like time to get your education son
No rap here

Reaction Score
By the way time to stop stressing this year is just a precursor for next year
Step back and just enjoy the bright spots when they appear
Syracuse basketball will be irrelevant when we make our next run in a year or two

Reaction Score
Given a choice I think that these kids would rather play games than not so they would probably like to go to the NIT. I think it will be a struggle to get there though. Our major star is supposed to be Purvis and he went 4-14 which is pretty common for him this year.

Reaction Score
3 games going through Hartford is the key. This team looks improved from early on. Needed a split with OSU/Cuse. Got it. Time to finish of OOC strong and get some wins in AAC.

Reaction Score
Given a choice I think that these kids would rather play games than not so they would probably like to go to the NIT. I think it will be a struggle to get there though. Our major star is supposed to be Purvis and he went 4-14 which is pretty common for him this year.

Purvis was never supposed to be our star. Maybe during his redshirt season before he played. Jalen, with Terry slightly trailing were supposed to be the "stars" on a deep roster.

Reaction Score
We are, BUT - given the injuries and everything else - i'm totally fine with a solid NIT run if we can get in.

Bottom line is this team is *better*. And getting better. Given the early losses a big national run was dead out of the gate. Love, love, love Christian Vital, Vance Jackson is kind of feast or famine, but showed well tonight.

The only thing that kills me - is Durham being out any time at all because I feel like his development is so monstrous to this roster next year. I adore him and think we can be something else next year.

IF WE CAN KEEP ADAMS - we're going to be big, scary, mean next year.

And triple kudos to Kevin Ollie. I was ready to launch him out of a cannon three weeks ago. Now, he's coaching his butt off. Defensive changes, the big actually contributing.. paint me into the corner of 'let's develop this year, next year is going to be big' corner. I love the raw talent on the team and as deer in the headlights as they've been, with some cultivation, they're gonna be outstanding. Effort was *totally* there tonight.

Reaction Score
We are, BUT - given the injuries and everything else - i'm totally fine with a solid NIT run if we can get in.

Bottom line is this team is *better*. And getting better. Given the early losses a big national run was dead out of the gate. Love, love, love Christian Vital, Vance Jackson is kind of feast or famine, but showed well tonight.

The only thing that kills me - is Durham being out any time at all because I feel like his development is so monstrous to this roster next year. I adore him and think we can be something else next year.

IF WE CAN KEEP ADAMS - we're going to be big, scary, mean next year.

And triple kudos to Kevin Ollie. I was ready to launch him out of a cannon three weeks ago. Now, he's coaching his butt off. Defensive changes, the big actually contributing.. paint me into the corner of 'let's develop this year, next year is going to be big' corner. I love the raw talent on the team and as deer in the headlights as they've been, with some cultivation, they're gonna be outstanding. Effort was *totally* there tonight.
Love Vital's D. He did make a layup too. Multiple air balls just make me cringe.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Really? Does anyone really care if we miss the NIT?

Always good to get some postseason experience (as long as it's not one of the pay for play tourneys).

Reaction Score
Screw the NIT I could care less if they even end up over .500 I like what's going on. So many good things will come out of this very tough year I believe, the NIT is nothing they really need. Hunger will something that will fuel them to be very good next year. KO has been great as of late and that's fun to see. He will be tough on them as soon as the season ends, the feeling will be awful which is where he thrives.

And I feel very good about a surprise dropped in our laps for next year, just a gut.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I posted this before but this really is my attitude this season after AG and Larrier went down

c4jt321.png

Because there is absolutely no point in worrying about anything this year besides Jalen and the frosh learning to win together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom