we're not the only team offensively challenged

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
think it's an epidemic in college basketball

who-RU and the Twerps being the most recent example

tons of games in the 50's

Reaction Score
UVA is one of the worst teams on offense but their defense makes up for it, being one of if not the best in the nation. They are 14-6 because of defense alone.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but terrific insight from Thamel. Games are a slog these days, and everyone knows it. The offenses aren't free flowing, the whistles are too many and the head coaches are so focused on defense they neglect the offense.

I think college coaches, in general, don't like to lose control of games so they make their players play offense like robots and then play 110 percent on defense. You can coach defense and scheme. You can't coach if a guy makes a shot or not.

I wish college coaches would work as hard on offense and require their players to play hard on offense as they do on defense.

Reaction Score
Im not saying this is going to make a world of difference, but I thought the 3 point line was fine where it was. I know Im probably in the minority, but I don’t think there was a pressing need to back it up even further when it seems like offensive production has been down. I just think it encourages deeper threes which are just bad shots.

Reaction Score
We can't shoot. We don't hit open shoots. We don't finish at the rim. Look at the guards. That's why we lose.

Vital 37%. 31% from three.
Bouk 46%. 29% from three
Gilbert 33%. 31% from three.
Adams 42%. 30% from three.
Gaff 30%. 27% from three.

Until we have one guard that opponents have to "guard" the floor will never open up. Losing Polley just about killed this team and no one else has stepped up.

Reaction Score
Im not saying this is going to make a world of difference, but I thought the 3 point line was fine where it was. I know Im probably in the minority, but I don’t think there was a pressing need to back it up even further when it seems like offensive production has been down. I just think it encourages deeper threes which are just bad shots.

Should move even further back. The issue with 19-9 is it is too short a shot, and, it crowds spacing on the floor. I like the NBA's 23-9 and 22 below the break. The current line is international, but I think the game needs more spacing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
you dont go through life you grow through life

Reaction Score
They play with the intent of low scoring games. We try to turn teams over and run... and still can't score. That's the big difference

True. Very different style of play.

Reaction Score
We have whined about the lack of parity in college football...so when we get it in basketball it's a bad thing?

Yep...we are getting what we pined for and it's not what we thought it would be.

The exact same phenomenom would appear in football with parity. Stars leaving, etc.....thus the worry coaches have about the changes in transfer rules.

The sports world likes matches of giants...Achilles vs Hector...not a bunch of guys who may be interchangeable week to week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom