We're in a really bad spot.... | The Boneyard

We're in a really bad spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How bad you ask? We'll be dogs at home to Villanova to start next season.....we might be getting as many as 7 points. This thing has fallen off a cliff since Edsall left.

I really don't know what to make of Diaco. He clearly felt the need to break the whole thing down and rebuild from scratch and maybe that was necessary given the way P left the program. The personnel losses since he took over have been enormous and to my eye we probably just lost our most accomplished LB in Ashiru. It is beyond concerning that the offense can continue to be so inept. Cincy is not a good defensive team and to get shutout at home with a bye week to prepare certainly says something about the coaching.

I do think Diaco wants to open the offense with a dual threat QB using some read option. Problem is he may or may not have a QB to do it with next season. If he is going that route, why didn't they put that in to start this season with Whitmer to get ready for that? I think there are some athletes on the offensive side of the ball and the OL has made some progress. But, the coaching has not put them in a position to be successful.

I don't think Diaco is guaranteed a third year. If next season looks like this one (i.e. little noticeable progress) he might very well get shown the door. I really hope that's not the case and that he has a plan. For the life of me I can't understand what it is...but I do hope it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom