We're in a Familiar place | The Boneyard

We're in a Familiar place

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With the season ending we are in a familiar place at the top of the rankings. We should finish either 1 or 2 and will be a 1 seed. I would expect not much to change with the top 6. Maybe a little flip flopping based on results from conference tournaments. UConn should get the 8 or 9 ranked team in the regional. That seed could be MD Oregon St or Stanford. I feel its gonna come down to defense and balance more then anything as all the top teams will shorten their rosters in the big games. The past 2 seasons UConn lost at the buzzer and alot of that had to do with UConn being called for a lot more fouls then their opponent. When your in foul trouble you cant play defense like you would when not in foul trouble which allows opponents to take the ball to the hoop. Hopefully that wont happen this year.

For all the concerns about UConn not playing well they are number 2 in the polls. We have been spoiled with a few seasons where we were invincible. Being number 2 shows how good this team is and if you feel they havent played to their potential just remember we are number 2 and our losses are to top teams unlike some of the other top teams.

We have improved alot and developed alot and when firing on all cylinders we can put up alot of points. Another point. Lou and CD are shooting a very high percentage from the line. So if the game is close and we get to the line I like our chances. One last point. We have seen different players step up. CW at ND, MW a couple of times with big games. So defenses are going to have to guard all 5 players. I like our chances alot. We are better then advertised and our record proves it.

Reaction Score
"Familiar" means "undefeated" to me, but I'm not complaining. We HAVE a 20% chance for another NC, BY MY CALCULATIONS, HA!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom