We're good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We're good

Reaction Score
Only complaint about the game was the 2-3 Hawkins threes that rimmed out to start the game. He was wide open. Maybe too open.

Still ended up shootinf 36% from 3. Think of it as shooting 54% from 2. That's damn good on a night he didn't even shoot very well. I'm happy to let him shoot through slumps any game. 10+ attempts per game, minimum.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I do think we are going to be good but I will hold off final judgement until we play the winner of Michigan State and Bama. Oregon is 2-3 for a reason. They are not very good. They lost to UC Irvine. We also made more threes tonight than the program has ever made in a game. That's not sustainable. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable game to watch.

My takeaways:

Calcaterra belongs on the floor. Those saying he can't handle more athletic teams will need to eat crow. He looked composed out there.

Diarra is the one who may not make the rotation. He can't shoot, and that is going to be an issue when he is on the floor.

Alleyne and Karaban were solid, and everybody else played really well.

Reaction Score
I do think we are going to be good but I will hold off final judgement until we play the winner of Michigan State and Bama. Oregon is 2-3 for a reason. They are not very good. They lost to UC Irvine. We also made more threes tonight than the program has ever made in a game. That's not sustainable. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable game to watch.

My takeaways:

Calcaterra belongs on the floor. Those saying he can't handle more athletic teams will need to eat crow. He looked composed out there.

Diarra is the one who may not make the rotation. He can't shoot, and that is going to be an issue when he is on the floor.

this wasn't Diarra's type of game. Too many ticky tack foul calls. I'm not 100% sold on him yet, but his game doesn't fit the way this one was called and it seems he played to the officiating

Reaction Score
Still ended up shootinf 36% from 3. Think of it as shooting 54% from 2. That's damn good on a night he didn't even shoot very well. I'm happy to let him shoot through slumps any game. 10+ attempts per game, minimum.
I love love love that he kept shooting. They kept giving it to him, and so he shot enough to get up to a reasonable %.

Reaction Score

My takeaways:

I mean they’re 2-3 BUT 2 of their 3 losses are from us and Houston. And they HUNG with Houston. They’re not bad. We made them look bad

Reaction Score
Pretty much everything was great today BESIDES Andre. I know concerning a meme,
but his play has been quite concerning. He may not get his starting spot back.
Yeah AJ is not playing well on the offensive side. Looks confused in what he should do and be on the court. At least his defense is improved over last year.

Reaction Score
It was nice. But no matter what it ain’t going to look like this against either opponent tomorrow.
Maybe not but we feel a lot better about our chances. We`ve shown we can handle a big athletic frontcourt now i want to see how we handle a really good backcourt.

Reaction Score
We`'ll be guarded much tougher on the perimeter tomorrow. Will need to drive more, and get Adama the ball more.
Wasn’t Adama’s type of game tonight. Oregon packed the inside with the zone and it became a perimeter and guard game for the Husky offense.
Adama will probably see more opportunities inside tomorrow.

Reaction Score
The two biggest areas of improvement this year are shooting depth and being able to spell Sanogo with a competent backup. The other thing I’d like to point out is it appears that our humble leader from NJ outcoached the no-brainer Hall Of Famer. How many times was Bill Walton going to mention that? Great work, Danny Boy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We`'ll be guarded much tougher on the perimeter tomorrow. Will need to drive more, and get Adama the ball more.
Thats exactly right . And we can do that. I believe that. Let’s do it . Tonight was enjoyable to the nth degree. We have a ton of awesome pieces. We passed tonight with flying colors. Let’s keep it going. Oregon rolled over , and I’m not saying that to take anything away from our performance , we were great and guys earned it. But tomorrow is a different game and different styles.

UNC Wilmington is better that Oregon with way better guards and we were 30 plus over them, I don’t know which team between Bama and mi state I want. But bring ‘em on and let’s go.

Reaction Score
I mean they’re 2-3 BUT 2 of their 3 losses are from us and Houston. And they HUNG with Houston. They’re not bad. We made them look bad

Yup. And the 3 teams they lost to are a combined 15-1. Quite possible all 3 teams win their respective conferences.

Reaction Score
Thats exactly right . And we can do that. I believe that. Let’s do it . Tonight was enjoyable to the nth degree. We have a ton of awesome pieces. We passed tonight with flying colors. Let’s keep it going. Oregon rolled over , and I’m not saying that to take anything away from our performance , we were great and guys earned it. But tomorrow is a different game and different styles.

UNC Wilmington is better that Oregon with way better guards and we were 30 plus over them, I don’t know which team between Bama and mi state I want. But bring ‘em on and let’s go.
I want Izzo. Payback for last year in Atlantis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom