We're good | The Boneyard

We're good

Reaction Score
1669344555626.png

Trying to contain my excitement with this team

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I know every game won’t go this smoothly, but this is pretty much the exact performance I had in my head for this team reaching its potential. That has me geeked.

Newton shooting and getting to the rack, AJ penetrating and finding shooters, Hawkins and Calcaterra hitting in rhythm, Sanogo doing his thing but Clingan being a perfect complement…it’s all very exciting.

Bottle this game and save it for later in the year. They’ll hit some slumps, but now I’ve seen what they’re capable of.

Reaction Score
I know every game won’t go this smoothly, but this is pretty much the exact performance I had in my head for this team reaching its potential. That has me geeked.

Newton shooting and getting to the rack, AJ penetrating and finding shooters, Hawkins and Calcaterra hitting in rhythm, Sanogo doing his thing but Clingan being a perfect complement…it’s all very exciting.

Bottle this game and save it for later in the year. They’ll hit some slumps, but now I’ve seen what they’re capable of.

I have very little grief with this game but I wouldn't even call it a game where we played perfect by any means. Our ceiling is crazy high.

Jackson needs to be much better than 5 TOs and I'd like to see less fouls by everyone. Karaban looked overmatched, but that's to be expected from freshman some days.

No game is going to be perfect but man this was FUN to watch.

Reaction Score
  1. This is the best ball movement and off-ball movement I’ve seen out of a UConn team in a long time.
  2. They clearly game-planned to take away Sanogo in the post and Hurley/team immediately adjusted and just torched them from outside.
  3. The fouls were bad but in the second half the key players were clearly showing some discipline in avoiding more fouls. This team’s depth was also on full display and allowed them to absorb the foul issues.
  4. I really questioned Joey C’s defense after those first few games and he largely held up well enough and was a real nice offensive spark. I like having him and Clingan on the court together because it mitigates some of his defensive issues by having Clingan waiting in the post when they drive at Joey.
  5. The two big looks with Clingan at the key in the zone was interesting. I don’t think it worked great but it showed some promise. Clingan needs to be more willing to take the open shot there to make it really effective.
  6. The defense was what we’ve come to expect from a Hurley team.

caw

Reaction Score
Only complaint about the game was the 2-3 Hawkins threes that rimmed out to start the game. He was wide open. Maybe too open.

Reaction Score
I have very little grief with this game but I wouldn't even call it a game where we played perfect by any means. Our ceiling is crazy high.

Jackson needs to be much better than 5 TOs and I'd like to see less fouls by everyone. Karaban looked overmatched, but that's to be expected from freshman some days.

No game is going to be perfect but man this was FUN to watch.
Pretty much everything was great today BESIDES Andre. I know concerning a meme,
but his play has been quite concerning. He may not get his starting spot back.

Reaction Score
Only complaint about the game was the 2-3 Hawkins threes that rimmed out to start the game. He was wide open. Maybe too open.
he's going to be streaky and is going to be a volume guy, but with the way we play defense it shouldn't hurt us too much. couple that with other capable shooters like Alleyne, Joey C and Newton and it won't be an issue unless everyone is off some night. We might get to the point where the defense is so good we just huck it and take lower percentages because points will matter more

Reaction Score
Pretty much everything was great today BESIDES Andre. I know concerning a meme,
but his play has been quite concerning. He may not get his starting spot back.

He just doesn't have good decision making. Way too many risks. If he can be a 2 TO guy and not a 5 TO guy and cut the fouls in half, we can take the hit with him on the floof even though he can't shoot. His passing and defense are great when he doesn't take unnecessary risks. Karaban has a lot of the same skills with lower TOs. Andre needs to step up.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
We have so many weapons. Hard to game plan against us. Take away sanogo, ok let’s hit threes. Guard the perimeter, ok too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom