We're Going Bowling! | The Boneyard

We're Going Bowling!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We turned the page last night against USF. The team has confidence and hope. The rest of the schedule is reasonable, with the toughest remaining game against Temple. If we beat UMASS and Tulsa, we'll have momentum against SMU. If we get past SMU, we have ECU for a relatively easy W. If that happens, we'll be playing Temple for a bowl birth.

Do you believe in miracles? I do. Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
We turned the page last night against USF. The team has confidence and hope. The rest of the schedule is reasonable, with the toughest remaining game against Temple. If we beat UMASS and Tulsa, we'll have momentum against SMU. If we get past SMU, we have ECU for a relatively easy W. If that happens, we'll be playing Temple for a bowl birth.

Do you believe in miracles? I do. Go UCONN!

At least.

But with enough style points in some of these games and just a little help we should be in the playoff conversation by the end of the year.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If a mircale does happen and we get to a bowl, better not lose to our Sun Belt opponent!

Reaction Score
I just want to see competent level football. There were far fewer missed tackles, and guys running to the ball assisting the first tackler. Unfathomable that such a thing would be worthy of praise but that is how this year has gone. Another positive is the development of the oline. The picked up blitzes and stunts last night. I really like Leone.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I just want to see competent level football. There were far fewer missed tackles, and guys running to the ball assisting the first tackler. Unfathomable that such a thing would be worthy of praise but that is how this year has gone. Another positive is the development of the oline. The picked up blitzes and stunts last night. I really like Leone.

Pindell had a lot of time in the pocket on some drop backs. Felt like he had five or more seconds on a handful of them. We were able to run the ball with Mensah too. All very encouraging.

I noticed that there were a lot of missed tackles earlier in the game, when ironically USF wasn't scoring as much. I felt like the tackling improved as the game went on - aside from the huge plays, like the one to start the 2nd half.

Felt better about the state of the program after last night and with UMass, Tulsa, SMU, ECU and Temple to close this campaign out there should be some more opportunities to show improvement.

Reaction Score
They way the scedue sets up, it is possible. But guys have to make plays when they are there. No missed extra points. No falling down with a sure TD in front of you and no off sides on successful onside kicks. They have to make the playys that are the difference between winning and losing.

Reaction Score
I certainly don't see a bowl game this season but we just might get past UMass next Saturday. Still way too many guys missing tackles or getting blocked out altogether, but at least it's not happening on every single play now. Signs of improvement were there last night. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Give me 4 wins on the year and I'll be completely bought in on the *potential* for a 2019 early Dec bowl game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They way the scedue sets up, it is possible. But guys have to make plays when they are there. No missed extra points. No falling down with a sure TD in front of you and no off sides on successful onside kicks. They have to make the playys that are the difference between winning and losing.

Why don’t we do this?

Win an FBS game. UMass got beat up at home by Coastal Carolina. Beat UMass then worry about Tulsa or 2019 or whatever crazy nonsense people want to project.

Reaction Score
Drinking like that in the morning is not good
Maybe they are coming out with The Bourbon On Your Wheaties Bowl ???
There are those still celebrating the big win over Rhode Island, ;) .

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
as Al Davis would say "Just win baby"

I just want wins from here on end. If they go bowling that would be great, but putting 4 or 5 wins after this start would be awesome

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m more concerned about a let down next week than anything. Need to win next week any way possible and then we can really talk about turning the corner at some capacity.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Where do I sign for playing Temple for bowl eligibility?

Exactly! Think about it. All our toughest remaining games, SMU and Temple, are at home. If we're playing Temple for bowl eligibility at home - THAT will be amazing.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm ALWAYS of the mindset that you are bowl eligible until the moment you can no longer get your 6th win. Like some have said in the thread; one game at a time. But there's a chance...

Reaction Score
Yay! We're going bowling...... in '20....we can potentially go next year, if we can take the #USF game as fuel for improving

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom