Well that was ugly! | The Boneyard

Well that was ugly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I rarely stop watching a UConn game, but this one was a tough watch.

It's shocking how well they defend considering the missing parts. I know many are killing KO, which he deserves some blame for the horrible half-court offense we're seeing night-in, night-out, but to get this group to play level of D we're seeing most night's, he deserves a lot of credit.

They simply lack the experienced combo guard who can create and carry the team during winning time. Adams will be a good one, but he's young and surrounded by some streaky guards that aren't capable of creating their own offense.

They lack a dominating inside presence. They make up for the lack of strength and girth with their length and team D, but the team struggles to get the ball in the blocks and when it gets there, other than Miller and some occasional ally-oops to Brimah, not many good things happen.

They are one of the least entertaining UConn teams we've had in some time. I don't hold out a lot of hope for much of an AAC Tourney run, but maybe they'll surprise us. I'd like to see them show some stones and pride and at least play with big time intensity knowing that they're pretty much in the win or go home mode from this point out.

Give SMU some credit tonight. They played some very good help/zone D tonight and really shut UConn out of the paint. Good shots seemed tough to come by for UConn tonight. How much was it SMU or UConn, I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom