Well, That Was Refreshing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Well, That Was Refreshing

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Winning teams blow out bad teams and find ways to beat good teams. This was a very good sign last night. Defensively they are great. The offense doesn’t look stale in half court. They are going to push the ball like crazy- finally! All positives. The only concern is when it’s a tight game who’s going to be the guy, it’s not going to be Jackson, he doesn’t have a jumper. If they can have someone step into that role as the season progresses, they can go far. I just don’t know if they have that guy. Hoping one of them steps into that.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I just thought of Willie McCloud. Not a particularly impactful player, but my memory says he was a tremendous athlete.
Yes, poor guy is fighting colon cancer..

Reaction Score
Jackson's floater is a beauty. Take it all day.
reminds me of Lamb's floater. It was money all day long. Jackson is gonna have to take those open 3's though if he wants the defense to take an extra step out to guard him...then he can just blow by them and toss up a little floater.

Reaction Score
Just a comment about the tv coverage. 1/2 way thru the first half suddenly I’m watching iupui vs Marquette. Then providence vs Fairfield. Is this what we can expect over the season? I won’t be buying any package if fox will be cutting half way thru the game

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Just a comment about the tv coverage. 1/2 way thru the first half suddenly I’m watching iupui vs Marquette. Then providence vs Fairfield. Is this what we can expect over the season? I won’t be buying any package if fox will be cutting half way thru the game
angry love life GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Scott was drafted in the first round of both MLB (pitcher) and the NBA.

All great athletes, he just belongs up there for different reasons.

And was recruited by Notre Dame to play QB. Combining pure physical athleticism plus overall athletic skills and coordination, he should top the list.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Scott Burrell was/is the best athlete to ever wear a UConn uniform. Period

It was wonderful to see the running game in full gear but it won't happen anywhere near as much against better teams. When opposing teams score it stops the running game - CCSU couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night.

AJax's little floater looks nice but to me it also looks easy to block. He has improved so much on defense and will cause teams fits - as long as he stays out of foul trouble

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This type of game is really hard to evaluate. We were clearly way more skilled and athletic. But what I liked was that we looked focused and didn’t screw around. We were a far superior team and we played like it. Didn’t let them get even really a modest run going. Sanogo looked like a man playing against a middle school team.
The flip side is this Central team is awful. They might just be the UConn football of college basketball.
Tough to glean anything from this game, with probably more of the same coming on Saturday. Sure CCSU is Div 1, but last night's "contest" was far more reminiscent of the 90's exhibitions vs Marathon Oil (Wait, is that a bad thing?).

On the other hand, it's good to appear to be back to running inferior talent off the floor. Let's see if they can keep it up and build upon the positives.

Reaction Score
Jackson's floater is a beauty. Take it all day.
Jackson does scare me with the personal recklessness he goes tot he hoop with sometimes - it's like he is begging to get injured. This type of thing hurt Boucknight a few times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom