Well, that was painful | The Boneyard

Well, that was painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But we played better once we got down by 30.

But I watched every minute.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We outscored them in the 2nd half, so that's something.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and it felt like the Don Perno days. So sad the state of the team right now.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and it felt like the Don Perno days. So sad the state of the team right now.
and we brought back a quitter to the university rAnDy Edsellout

Reaction Score
I see Purvis miss shots/make turnovers and then roll his eyes, looks down, shakes his head with all the frustrated reactive body language. He is a Senior leader and although he may play bad, shoot bad and make bad decisions, as a leader he can not let the young'uns see those reactions. His reactions looks really bad on TV and I would bet makes teammates uncomfortable in approaching him. It could be contagious (in games) and certainly is not helpful. We are losing and we need cheerleaders not pouters. I don't care how many mistakes Purvis makes (I've accepted them), but don't let your teammates see them get to you in that manner. I don't mean to sound harsh and know this is a pet peeve of mine when he can't hear me yelling at him to "keep your head up" and 'get it next time'.

The one thing I'll say about Brimah is he reaction is usually the clapping of his hands, but at no time is he not encouraging himself and others. Even after the mistake Brimah is immediately on to the next play. I applaud him for that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
But we played better once we got down by 30.

But I watched every minute.

me too, was there to the final buzzer

although I was in the bar when I started my Ollie thread, couldn't take it anymore

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Perno actually competed against far better competition

we may not have have won much, but we weren't getting killed either

Reaction Score
I see Purvis miss shots/make turnovers and then roll his eyes, looks down, shakes his head with all the frustrated reactive body language. He is a Senior leader and although he may play bad, shoot bad and make bad decisions, as a leader he can not let the young'uns see those reactions. His reactions looks really bad on TV and I would bet makes teammates uncomfortable in approaching him. It could be contagious (in games) and certainly is not helpful. We are losing and we need cheerleaders not pouters. I don't care how many mistakes Purvis makes (I've accepted them), but don't let your teammates see them get to you in that manner. I don't mean to sound harsh and know this is a pet peeve of mine when he can't hear me yelling at him to "keep your head up" and 'get it next time'.

Alright I think we've officially run out of things to criticize Rodney for.

Reaction Score
Perno actually competed against far better competition

we may not have have won much, but we weren't getting killed either
Well I do agree we competed most games but there were a few blowouts against better competition which makes this even worst and a new low.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The one thing I'll say about Brimah is he reaction is usually the clapping of his hands, but at no time is he not encouraging himself and others. Even after the mistake Brimah is immediately on to the next play. I applaud him for that.

Rodney is so painful to watch when he has time to make decisions. It's like watching Frank Drebin at the end of Police Squad constantly losing the gun.

He did have his standard layup which didn't touch the rim and hit a foot above the square.

I like how Vital catches ready to do something. Jackson could learn from that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Great post.

I have been down on Rodney, and what I saw today out of him didn't change that, let's leave it at that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I never saw a Perno team play like the Huskies did in the first half. Never.

Reaction Score
I agree with big Ern there is nothing left to criticize Rodney for. He's been criticized from A-Z and back again.

Reaction Score
I never saw a Perno team play like the Huskies did in the first half. Never.
It just felt like we had no chance to Ron. I haven't felt like that since the Perno days.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Rodney is so painful to watch when he has time to make decisions. It's like watching Frank Drebin at the end of Police Squad constantly losing the gun.

He did have his standard layup which didn't touch the rim and hit a foot above the square.

I like how Vital catches ready to do something. Jackson could learn from that.
I loved Frank Drebin, LOL, RIP He was hilarious.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
But we played better once we got down by 30.Without a PG we couldn't get the ball to anyone in a position to shoot the ball. Can't draw much from this game except that we are not going to win many games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom