Well that sucked. | The Boneyard

Well that sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some really bad officiating in the final 3 minutes. Wisconsin was fighting an uphill battle. If I was a Wisconsin fan, I would be furious.

Reaction Score
eh, can't put that on the refs. Kaminsky was close to unstoppable down low with his spin moves and Okafor was on the bench with four fouls. Instead he was hanging around the perimeter too much. It just looked like Wiscy got tight for once in the tournament while Duke's freshman were in full attack mode. I hate Duke but can't put that on the refs.

Reaction Score
Two of Duke's best players were in foul trouble from jump street. I don't know how you put this one on the officials. Duke made plays when they needed to, Dekker no-showed, and Wisconsin got a little bit of the pucker when it mattered.

Reaction Score
Two of Duke's best players were in foul trouble from jump street. I don't know how you put this one on the officials. Duke made plays when they needed to, Dekker no-showed, and Wisconsin got a little bit of the pucker when it mattered.
They went out of bounds twice in the last 2 minutes and kept the ball. One of those times they looked at the replay for about 10 minutes and still got it wrong. So, you can absolutely put something on the refs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Save for that one three, Kaminsky's offensive game did not look good at all during the last five minutes. And Koenig...not a championship-caliber point guard at this stage of his development.

Reaction Score
They went out of bounds twice in the last 2 minutes and kept the ball. One of those times they looked at the replay for about 10 minutes and still got it wrong. So, you can absolutely put something on the refs.

The ball out of bounds on Winslow didn't look remotely reversible to me (or to the officials who looked at it). Tyus Jones got hacked on that breakaway and no call. I get that whenever Duke wins it's because the officials gave it to them but they made plays and Wisconsin - who had every opportunity - didn't. In your wildest dreams you don't expect Winslow and Okafor to both be in foul trouble the entire game. Completely winnable game for Wisconsin and they dropped the ball.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin booted it down the stretch and Dekker played horribly but it was pretty damn clear the refs had a large outcome in the game. Winslow had 7 fouls, stepped on the baseline and had a ball go off him that was given to Duke, a team that fouls less than anyone somehow put Duke in the double bonus with 7-8 minutes left, not even mentioning the stick your leg out screens by Jefferson. Wisky didn't take advantage when they got a nice lead, offense got stagnant and Dekker was invisible but the refs certainly had a hand in it.

Reaction Score
Save for that one three, Kaminsky's offensive game did not look good at all during the last five minutes. And Koenig...not a championship-caliber point guard at this stage of his development.

How do you say he's not a championship caliber point guard? They had the game won. If they get anything at all from Dekker they probably win. You can't make a proclamation like that after a close win in the national championship. It doesn't make any sense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How do you say he's not a championship caliber point guard? They had the game won. If they get anything at all from Dekker they probably win. You can't make a proclamation like that after a close win in the national championship. It doesn't make any sense.

Looking at his play down the stretch, I wasn't impressed with how he handled the ball and how easily he got flustered. A top-flight PG has the mobility to avoid getting smothered like that.

Reaction Score
He looked overmatched tonight. And that two pointer from deep late was as bad a shot as humanly possible. Thought he got schooled tonight on many fronts but its just one game.

Reaction Score
The ball out of bounds on Winslow didn't look remotely reversible to me (or to the officials who looked at it). Tyus Jones got hacked on that breakaway and no call. I get that whenever Duke wins it's because the officials gave it to them but they made plays and Wisconsin - who had every opportunity - didn't. In your wildest dreams you don't expect Winslow and Okafor to both be in foul trouble the entire game. Completely winnable game for Wisconsin and they dropped the ball.
You didn't see the ball go off Winslow's fingertips?

Reaction Score
Totally disagree. I hate complaining about refs, but the evidence here is overwhelming. Winslow clearly out of bounds, no call. Okafor rapes Kaminsky w two minutes left, no call. Winslow CLEARLY touched that ball last, Duke ball. All huge calls, all last two minutes of game, all went Duke's way. To say you didn't see those means you weren't watching.

Reaction Score
Gotta play 40 minutes or at least win it in the last 2-3 minutes. Duke made winning plays. Wisconsin didn't. End of story.

Reaction Score
Dekker had 12 and 8..... How do you call that nothing?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey Stair you know Big Ern is going to diss you on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky